anschutz Semi auto keeps jamming

Burney

Hi I have bought a anschutz 520 I think. It keeps not throwing the empty shell out while putting a new one in any idea what could be wrong. I have given it a good clean I’m at the stage of trading it in for something else as it really annoying me cheers in advance

hi try working the bolt with your hand to see if it will eject a live round ok  if it does  try high velocity rounds if they work ok your rifle wont work with sub sonic rounds unless the spring is shortened   also check the magazine spring is in the right way as this causes them to not work properly

I have a rimfire magic 10/22 had it many years, and upto a few yrs ago always used eley subs, that was until they started jamming similar to what you say, i took it back to roger at rimfire magic and he said out of the 20 rounds he tried it worked ok, so got home after few hrs drive for the problem with me to still happen, after looking at youtube vids on different ammo i tried a few and found CCI to work ok and has since not had any problems, my guess is eley changed the recipe in the 22s. but as stated above try other ammo brands.

Edited by barrelsniffer

Usual/common problem with many .22 autos is they need a full strip down and deep clean .Making sure there are no built up deposits ,that can look like a part of the action,  removing and cleaning the extractor claw , polishing out the chamber .As well as checking strikers , springs and for general wear the biggest problem of all .

Some older autos can be quite ammunition specific and not happy with low velocity or high velocity rounds 

• 1 month later...
On 15/09/2020 at 19:37, Burney said:

Hi all sorry for the late reply I have found the problem the ejector has snapped off but struggling to find a replacement 

Available here

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24598/520-Anschutz-Rifle-Spares-Firearm-Spares/

I have no connection with the sellers other than as a previous customer. 

Edited by Eyefor

38 minutes ago, Eyefor said:

Available here

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24598/520-Anschutz-Rifle-Spares-Firearm-Spares/

I have no connection with the sellers other than as a previous customer. 

Sorry it’s the extractor that is snapped not the ejector. The extractor seems a lot harder to get I think I have found someone with a full bolt so all is good cheers tho mate