Posting a PCP

BONGADAV

Hello All,

Please can I have some help?

I'm selling a PCP rifle and want to post it to the buyer. I've read somewhere on here that the cylinder on the rifle should be removed, is this correct? I know it should be empty and sent via Parcelforce 48hrs. Many thanks

The parcel needs to have written on it "DELIVERY EXCEPTION - STRICTLY ADDRESSEE ONLY - DO NOT LEAVE WITH NEIGHBOUR" I recall.

Anyhow it's all here, BUT maybe ask Parcelforce themselves. Remember if it goes pear shaped it's you that gets the aggravation not the buyer.

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/account-customers/account-prohibitions-and-restrictions

Edited by enfieldspares

22 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

The parcel needs to have written on it "DELIVERY EXCEPTION - STRICTLY ADDRESSEE ONLY - DO NOT LEAVE WITH NEIGHBOUR" I recall.

Anyhow it's all here, BUT maybe ask Parcelforce themselves. Remember if it goes pear shaped it's you that gets the aggravation not the buyer.

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/account-customers/account-prohibitions-and-restrictions

Any source for that? Never heard of ot before....

SCANNED section below is from the Post Office/Royal Mail "Prohibited and Restricted" guidance leaflet
posting guns.JPG

Edited by saddler

52 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Well ive never noticed that before and I've sent dozens via parcel force 48 for air rifles and rm second class signed for for air pistols

Screenshot_20200727_185104_com.android.chrome.jpg

Ah - thanks for that
Never seen those rules - but then again I never send PARCELFORCE when shipping guns

3 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Well ive never noticed that before and I've sent dozens via parcel force 48 for air rifles and rm second class signed for for air pistols

Screenshot_20200727_185104_com.android.chrome.jpg

This is where it all gets a bit silly and why you can't go direct to ParcelForce! Royal Mail have to provide a service to carry low powered air rifles; ParcelForce do not, despite being part of the same company and the Royal Mail service being fulfilled by ParcelForce! It's why you have to take your air rifle in and physically give it to them in the Post Office. It is then fulfilled by Royal Mail through the Express48. So private sellers can still post air rifles, providing they are fulfilling the contract through Royal Mail and not ParcleForce. You are thus covered under Royal Mail's restrictions, not ParcelForce's. 

It's utterly daft, but that's the way it is!