Jump to content

Dummy launcher blanks


WelshAndy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Evening all,

Just a question on launcher blanks. 
 

I’ve always just used the long blanks and altered the position of the dummy on the launcher to regulate distance. 

Whilst searching for blanks earlier I see now there are 3 colours. 
With red being the shortest and yellow the furthest - does anyone have experience of using these different blanks. 
Is there a difference in the ‘bang’?

also I’ve seen 22 short blanks for pistols, are these suitable for launchers?

 

Thanks in advance 

 

Andy

Sorry... Red are the furthest 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I borrowed my uncles turner richards dummy launcher and blanks and thought the blanks were just going to give the same crack as the small pistol blanks... how wrong I was, tested it by firing it off in the middle of the housing estate my mum lives in, sent the dummy over 100 yards and spent the best part of 2 hours hunting for it in the hedge. Setting it off in front of buildings gave it such a lovely echo, ears were ringing like church bells.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

I borrowed my uncles turner richards dummy launcher and blanks and thought the blanks were just going to give the same crack as the small pistol blanks... how wrong I was, tested it by firing it off in the middle of the housing estate my mum lives in, sent the dummy over 100 yards and spent the best part of 2 hours hunting for it in the hedge. Setting it off in front of buildings gave it such a lovely echo, ears were ringing like church bells.

Hence my question 😂 I’m hoping the pistol 22 short blanks will work in it!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, WelshAndy said:

Hence my question 😂 I’m hoping the pistol 22 short blanks will work in it!

 

I wouldnt be too sure, they might work but i do remember the launcher blanks not fitting in the blank pistol i had also borrowed so you may find the flobart blanks a bit small. I ended up using the launcher blanks in my .22 rifle for trying to teach the dog to drop to shot or flush with a concealed assistant lobbing a pheasant winged dummy for me to shoot at. Saved me blatting off 12bore cartridges needlessly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Over 40yrs ago when discussing these launchers  .... the makers where on our patch.... we all agreed that they would make excellent personal protection equipment.  Get popped in the chest or anywhere for that matter with one of those would make you wince for a few minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Over 40yrs ago when discussing these launchers  .... the makers where on our patch.... we all agreed that they would make excellent personal protection equipment.  Get popped in the chest or anywhere for that matter with one of those would make you wince for a few minutes.

A mate of mine, back in the 70’s, fired one towards a cat in his garden to scare it off. It hit it square in the head and killed it dead on the spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/07/2020 at 08:38, London Best said:

A mate of mine, back in the 70’s, fired one towards a cat in his garden to scare it off. It hit it square in the head and killed it dead on the spot.

:lol: :lol: we're not allowed to talk about cats on this forum :lol: 

 

Honestly think being hit by the launcher dummy up close would be akin to a Police bean bag shotgun. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Remimax said:

think there's a clip on youtube of some yanks messing about with one on a hunting trip.

guys taking a **** up against a tree when his m8 shoots him in the head with it must of hurt.

 

:lol: 

Lucky it didn't do serious damage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I have just tried green box launcher blanks and even those were very loud and fired the dummy too far for what I want.

I then tried a short starting pistol blank and it fired about 15 feet, so was about to order 'long' starting pistol blanks when I read they are black powder and will gum up the launcher.

I've just seen "Light load (Fiocchi red tips): pack of 100 launcher blanks", which are described as reduced power from standard load.

 

Does anyone have experience of these and know if they the same, higher or lower power than Green box launcher blanks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, otherwayup said:

I have just tried green box launcher blanks and even those were very loud and fired the dummy too far for what I want.

I then tried a short starting pistol blank and it fired about 15 feet, so was about to order 'long' starting pistol blanks when I read they are black powder and will gum up the launcher.

I've just seen "Light load (Fiocchi red tips): pack of 100 launcher blanks", which are described as reduced power from standard load.

 

Does anyone have experience of these and know if they the same, higher or lower power than Green box launcher blanks?


If you don’t need it to go as far just throw it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...