armymad.co.uk

4 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Not to mention £209.99, not £29.99.

It states £29:99. 

https://www.armymad.co.uk/product/Bullet+Cases/308/308+-+7.62+Lapua+Once+Fired+Brass+x+100/2854/BRASS.308LAPUAX100

39 minutes ago, wymberley said:

From the company name coupled to pure guesswork, would there be primer issues?

I've just emailed them regarding the primers. I know with GGG cases, I had to drill the sealing ring off before removing the primer. Easily done though with no damage to the case.

18 minutes ago, wymberley said:

My apologies, Steve,  I saw the 1000, 500 and 250 but missed the 100 in the other items. At least I got the primer bit right.

No need to apologise. They are also advertising them @ £119 for 500. If there's no problem removing/fitting a primer, I'll take a chance and order some.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/08/2020 at 01:48, hafod said:

I.ve had a bit of a run in with these paid through paypal and are claiming they never received my payment so beware gents that's all I.ll say 

My problem with greenzone@armymad has been resolved and I received the 200 223 case I ordered a month ago

the brass looks ok so i annealed , trimmed and resized them and all 200 cases are fine

got to swage the primer pockets but yeah I'm happy with what I received i would definitely buy again 

2 hours ago, hafod said:

My problem with greenzone@armymad has been resolved and I received the 200 223 case I ordered a month ago

the brass looks ok so i annealed , trimmed and resized them and all 200 cases are fine

got to swage the primer pockets but yeah I'm happy with what I received i would definitely buy again 

They haven't even bothered to reply to my two emails, so that says a lot.

Do you use an annealing machine?

8 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

They haven't even bothered to reply to my two emails, so that says a lot.

Do you use an annealing machine?

Hi steve

i aggree not the best customer service from this firm I grant you 

No I use the ole favorite a suitable socket in a slow drill in a dark shed so i can see the colour while turning and then drop into water to quench works a charm 

I got 5,000 from them about 3 years ago for our club members.

Arrived in big hessian sacks of 1,000 and exactly as described, after a lot of case prep perfectly good Lapua brass :)

Nowadays we get once fired GGG, ream or swage out the primer crimp and it's very consistent brass for not much money!.

Edited by phaedra1106

4 hours ago, phaedra1106 said:

Ordered another load for our members yesterday, will let you know what happens  :)

:good:

On 10/08/2020 at 19:40, hafod said:

Hi steve

i aggree not the best customer service from this firm I grant you 

No I use the ole favorite a suitable socket in a slow drill in a dark shed so i can see the colour while turning and then drop into water to quench works a charm 

How do you know when to remove the heat? Do you wait for the case to reach a certain colour? 

Cases arrived this morning, very fast delivery  :)

As to case annealing, or more properly "stress relieving"  applying a fixed constant temperature is the best way, dipping the case necks into a molten salts bath or molten lead will ensure the cases do not overheat past that point, an induction annealer will typically apply heat for a much shorter period than a naked flame much reducing the chances.

While some cases start to change colour around the neck/shoulder area when reaching the stress relief temperature it's not a reliable method unless you're only using the same batch of cases every time.

Annealing happens somewhere between 600 and 800 degrees F.  Best way is to buy a bottle of Tempilaq, a dab of 750F inside the neck (Tempilaq should not be touched by the flame) is the most accurate but difficult to see.

The other way is often called the "Hornady" method. This is to paint a band of 475F about 3/8inch down from the shoulder to indicate the temperature of the body. As soon as the indicator changes colour then stop, the heat must not travel down the case more than about 1/3.

Doing it in a dim room and stopping when you can see what's usually called a "dull red glow" usually means you're at around 1000F.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2020 at 12:21, phaedra1106 said:

Cases arrived this morning, very fast delivery 

As to case annealing, or more properly "stress relieving"  applying a fixed constant temperature is the best way, dipping the case necks into a molten salts bath or molten lead will ensure the cases do not overheat past that point, an induction annealer will typically apply heat for a much shorter period than a naked flame much reducing the chances.

While some cases start to change colour around the neck/shoulder area when reaching the stress relief temperature it's not a reliable method unless you're only using the same batch of cases every time.

Annealing happens somewhere between 600 and 800 degrees F.  Best way is to buy a bottle of Tempilaq, a dab of 750F inside the neck (Tempilaq should not be touched by the flame) is the most accurate but difficult to see.

The other way is often called the "Hornady" method. This is to paint a band of 475F about 3/8inch down from the shoulder to indicate the temperature of the body. As soon as the indicator changes colour then stop, the heat must not travel down the case more than about 1/3.

Doing it in a dim room and stopping when you can see what's usually called a "dull red glow" usually means you're at around 1000F.

Or the really old fashioned way

hold the case between finger and thumb untill.you start to feel the heat travel down the case then drop in water basic but effective

you can see the heat shadow creeping down the case when you gain experience and then you won't burn your fingers either how do I know that  lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2020 at 13:57, cooter said:

For annealing i use the blow torch/soap method as advised on many other sites. Look on the tube for more details.

It works the same for the different case thickness and can be done with the light on.

Yeah i agree theres quite a few methods how to do it basically its just the neck and shoulder your annealing NOT the entire case I've never had a problem anyhow some cases are on their 10th loading but saying that I don't push things and load to the max anyhow 

Edited by hafod