Disgusting.

Farmboy91

47 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Luxury!

Excluding the smell Ditchy that may sound oddly soothing :lol:

I can say I have been the recipient of 'warm fluids' from each and 'EVERY' single orifice of the human body over the years and am very used to it!

Do you prefer Pattaya or Bangkok?:lol:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, old'un said:

I was told by an old diary farmer that you looked at the cows bottom before moving in to wipe the udders, if it was pulsing you knew one was on the way, how true that is I have no idea.

I thought it was when they lift their tails... 

I have to agree with farmboy on this .

I dont find it in the slightest bit acceptable ,all over the roads .

If i hit one of those on my bike im in the hedge .pretty sure a few law suits for damages would change the attitude by horse riders .

If your on the highway then just tie a bag to the tail and remove when back in the fields .

Ban them ban them all make it illegal to own one without stringent licensing and a medical report and totally forbid anyone without a permanent fixed abode to have one 

we can’t have the countryside roads littered with a bit of horse manure 

I mean it’ll just take up space for fast food wrappers and empty plastic bottles and drink cans (human waste) 

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

I have to ask, how in the year 2020 is this still deemed acceptable.

If your dog was to do this and you was caught you'd be fined.

Being a single track road I'm now faced with driving through this disgusting mess when I pull off the drive. 

IMG-20200728-WA0001.jpg

Is it April the first?

2 minutes ago, wascal said:

Strangley if the speed limit is > 50 mph you don't have to clear it up.

Logical. You would make a bigger mess if you were splattered by a vehicle whilst you were cleaning up and the sh(one)t would soon disperse

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

its only processed grass..........you want to try working in a milk parlour at 5 in the morning with hot  liquid poo running down your neck when you wash the udders........

yep been there got the t shirt.nothing wrong with good old cows poo.

Edited by mossy835

I live in a very 'equestrian' area - 4 stable yards all doing livery in a small village; consequently we have several like these every day.  Our local Facebook group goes berserk if anyone even detects a tiny dog dropping, or a tiny smear of mud on the road from a farmer (let alone our shoot vehicles - and we only shoot 6 days a year) - but never a murmur about the huge steaming ankle deep piles from horses.

I see where your coming from - to a point. I have a thing about cow ****, not in general or a fetish I might add, but farmers who treat the main road like a slurry pit. I've had to report 2 because driving through a inch and half of it from verge to verge constantly can get a bit dodgy, especially on 2 wheels, it's not hard to just run the scraper over it at the end of milking. But can't say I've ever been bothered by horse manure, it's of a consistency easily avoided. 

2 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I see where your coming from - to a point. I have a thing about cow ****, not in general or a fetish I might add, but farmers who treat the main road like a slurry pit. I've had to report 2 because driving through a inch and half of it from verge to verge constantly can get a bit dodgy, especially on 2 wheels, it's not hard to just run the scraper over it at the end of milking. But can't say I've ever been bothered by horse manure, it's of a consistency easily avoided. 

The farmers round here are pretty good, usually if there's mud etc spread about where they have been on and off the fields they clear it pretty sharpish. 

The roads round here aren't wide enough for too much dodging, whether your on 4 wheels or 2.

When I was a boy, it was my job to go out with a bucket and collect the droppings from the milkman’s horse who very obligingly dropped it within 50yards of our house on the lane every day. Put it in the compost bin with the straw from cleaning out the hens and what a fabulous fertilising compost that made.

Get yourself a bucket and you won’t need all those chemicals for your garden.

Unless you just have a window box. 🤔😳😃

I’m not too bothered about horse poop, it generally goes on the garden if I don’t have to carry it too far. 
Sheep poop, fresh manure as cows make their way back to pasture, and horse poop are just everyday occurrences around here. I’ll do my best to avoid driving through manure but in general it’s just country living really. 
There are worse things to avoid. 

2 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

When I was a boy, it was my job to go out with a bucket and collect the droppings from the milkman’s horse who very obligingly dropped it within 50yards of our house on the lane every day. Put it in the compost bin with the straw from cleaning out the hens and what a fabulous fertilising compost that made.

👍 My dear old Mam quite liked Fair week, and would collect horse poop and put it on her roses. 

20 minutes ago, old'un said:

Dogs seem to like it when the sun has been on it for a few hours and it has a nice crust, yum.

About 40 years ago I had a  boxer dog that used to love eating donkey poo off Skegness beaches. It thought it was a game when I tried to stop it so I left it.

3 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

As I said above, I fail to see why I should pick up after someone else.

I don't want the muck, I've not got a sign out offering a drop off/ collection service. 

Maybe I should bag it up and deliver it back to them, though no doubt that would be littering.