Disgusting.

Farmboy91

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I live in a very 'equestrian' area - 4 stable yards all doing livery in a small village; consequently we have several like these every day.  Our local Facebook group goes berserk if anyone even detects a tiny dog dropping, or a tiny smear of mud on the road from a farmer (let alone our shoot vehicles - and we only shoot 6 days a year) - but never a murmur about the huge steaming ankle deep piles from horses.

^^^^^  This  --- It is not so much the deposit itself (although this annoys) as the attitude of the vast majority of those whose equines produce it.

1 minute ago, Farmboy91 said:

The farmers round here are pretty good, usually if there's mud etc spread about where they have been on and off the fields they clear it pretty sharpish. 

The roads round here aren't wide enough for too much dodging, whether your on 4 wheels or 2.

I'm not a country lane warden I might add, just one was so bad my old man slid the car like he was on black ice (because a pheasant ran out on him). That cost him £300 to fix unnecessarily. Most farmers just put cones out, your aware then and its not a problem. 

1 minute ago, mossy835 said:

so all horses have got to stop pooing.

As was previously posted, a bag can be had for less than £50 which would collect it as they go?

Is it unreasonable to think someone should pick up behind their own animal?

1 minute ago, strimmer_13 said:

I'm not a country lane warden I might add, just one was so bad my old man slid the car like he was on black ice (because a pheasant ran out on him). That cost him £300 to fix unnecessarily. Most farmers just put cones out, your aware then and its not a problem. 

Yeah, or the 'mud on road' sign.

2 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

^^^^^  This  --- It is not so much the deposit itself (although this annoys) as the attitude of the vast majority of those whose equines produce it.

Exactly, I don't have to do it so why should it.

Nevermind how it effects anyone else.

Roads in London, Piccadilly, Regents Street, Whitehall etc etc, covered in the stuff. 

You never see anyone picking it, well I haven't anyway and I'm there everyday.

A bit of horse manure is not a problem, live where I do. thousands and I'm not lying of those silver gas cylinders everywhere, on the pavements on the roads. Some kind of high they get from inhaling them, I cannot beleive the amount they get through, like I said, thousands of them just appear on a Saturday morning, along with the discarded masks everywhere, condoms and takeaway wrapping. Not to mention the redecoration of the bus shelter and surrounding area with lager and kebab induced vomit. Give me a horse taking a dump any day of the week.

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It's making me giggle, sorry Farmboy, but if the worst problem your neighbourhood has is some horse poo then your doing alright. 

No, it's far from the worst problem in the area at the moment, farm thefts, gates being marked if it's a house where dogs live, speeding, it's all on the list.

It's not something I want to have to look at when I go outside in the morning.

As mentioned above, it's the general attitude of those riding the horse's which makes it worse.

7 minutes ago, fatchap said:

A bit of horse manure is not a problem, live where I do. thousands and I'm not lying of those silver gas cylinders everywhere, on the pavements on the roads. Some kind of high they get from inhaling them, I cannot beleive the amount they get through, like I said, thousands of them just appear on a Saturday morning, along with the discarded masks everywhere, condoms and takeaway wrapping. Not to mention the redecoration of the bus shelter and surrounding area with lager and kebab induced vomit. Give me a horse taking a dump any day of the week.

So much this.

2 hours ago, B725 said:

Are you sure you don't want to beat my bare butt with nettles as well.

Misusing apostrophes should be six of the best, trousers down.  Precise plant is individual choice.

This thread just proves to me this country is over populated, everyone is becoming so intolerant of each other as they jostle for space, the sad thing is some people are so tunnel visoned on their own lives, they expect everyone else to make allowances for their enjoyments, but are totally intolerant of other people's.

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

This thread just proves to me this country is over populated, everyone is becoming so intolerant of each other as they jostle for space, the sad thing is some people are so tunnel visoned on their own lives, they expect everyone else to make allowances for their enjoyments, but are totally intolerant of other people's.

So I'm meant to tolerate a horse taking a dump outside my house to save the person riding it clearing it up?

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Hundreds of years even, bit outdated now though.

its not that long ago that when you went to toilet on a train it went straight onto the tracks.....and we were used to seeing piles of it on the platform tracks...even tho there were signs......and that bloody IZAL toilet paper and on every sheet it said "please wash your hands"..........damn right mate cause your finger always went thro it

**** happens

Edited by ditchman

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

its not that long ago that when you went to toilet on a train it went straight onto the tracks.....and we were used to seeing piles of it on the platform tracks...even tho there were signs

**** happens

But it wouldn't be acceptable now though would it? 

If by some miracle a law was passed tomorrow saying that owners had to clean up behind their horses, how many on here, who have said they don't have a problem with it be up in arms about the new law?

I'm willing to bet it would be a big fat zero.

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

😂

You see what I mean though, it doesn't matter what you say you'll never get through to someone like that.