Disgusting.

Farmboy91

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

No, it's far from the worst problem in the area at the moment, farm thefts, gates being marked if it's a house where dogs live, speeding, it's all on the list.

That lot sounds far worse, I can understand you not liking the attitude of the horse lot though.

5 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Where did the phone come into it. I thought you complaining about  a bit of horse **** on the road 

Maybe read the rest of the thread and what Mice! Just posted.

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

That lot sounds far worse, I can understand you not liking the attitude of the horse lot though.

Yes, it's far from ideal, over the lockdown period a drug problem has developed too. All coming in from a local town as there's no police presence here.

But yeah, if they had a better attitude and a bit more respect for other road users, maybe I wouldn't be so phased by it.

Ultimately it's about give and take.

By virtue of being a member of this forum I assume you let off loud shotguns in the countryside. 

You hope/expect people to understand, or at least tolerate it.  It's no different with the odd horse dropping on the road.  Neither is (yet) illegal, and are part and parcel of living somewhere rural

Edited by udderlyoffroad

31 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

It started off as a rant about horse manure on the road, then it escalates to people using their mobile while riding a horse and the final layer is an explosion of rural drug crime.
I strongly suggest you move to an inner city area at the first opportunity.

It shows the general attitude of those riding said horse's. 

I went to school in a town with a serious drug problem so have seen it all so comments like your last one don't mean a great deal. 

I personally feel it is inconsiderate to leave such a parcel outside someone's house. Others clearly wouldn't be bothered by this. That is their opinion. 

52 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Ultimately it's about give and take.

By virtue of being a member of this forum I assume you let off loud shotguns in the countryside. 

You hope/expect people to understand, or at least tolerate it.  It's no different with the odd horse dropping on the road.  Neither is (yet) illegal, and are part and parcel of living somewhere rural

Yes you are 100% correct, I'm not shooting at the moment but there are area's I wouldn't shoot in the evening because I know there are children and having a child myself I wouldn't want someone disturbing/waking them up. 

And yes, if it was the odd dropping here and there then no, it probably wouldn't be a problem but it's not, it's everywhere and the the general attitude of those in question does nothing to help.

As an update, the girlfriend came over this evening, and, as predicted swung right through it as she pulled into the drive.

All up the wheel arch and in the tyre tread, so I guess it's her problem now?

Edited by Farmboy91
Spelling

Maybe a move is on the cards? I have lived through 60 Horse Fairs, an annual event which is ( or was ) the biggest in Europe. 
I moved to an even smaller village about three years ago, and then discovered there are more horsie types in this village than any other village I’ve seen! Not only that, but a lot of those who visit the horse fair each year, choose this village as their base! 
Believe me, there are much worse things than horse poop. 

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

Believe me, there are much worse things than horse poop. 

Yeah, I know, believe me I've experienced it in the last 12 + months.

I suppose a bit of common courtesy is out of the question nowadays, its too much to ask anywhere else in life isn't it.

9 minutes ago, The Heron said:

Seriously how I wish the greatest worry in my life was a bit of horse **** up the wheel arch and in the tyre tread of my car. 

Yes, I wish it was the greatest worry in mine too but it's not what you want to be greeted with when you go out to the bin in the morning.

Anyone who wants what's left of it is free to come and collect? 

2 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

You mean like someone was upset about a bit of badger digging not long ago,:whistling:🤣

I have horse **** on the lane outside my house and badgers digging up my lawn. I know which one is more inconvenient. 

Just now, AVB said:

I have horse **** on the lane outside my house and badgers digging up my lawn. I know which one is more inconvenient. 

Looks like we have two things in common then.

The badger can't help being a badger and the horse can't help being a horse, the same can't be said for the person riding it.

4 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Ban them ban them all make it illegal to own one without stringent licensing and a medical report and totally forbid anyone without a permanent fixed abode to have one 

we can’t have the countryside roads littered with a bit of horse manure 

I mean it’ll just take up space for fast food wrappers and empty plastic bottles and drink cans (human waste) 

Yes! In fact I'd go further OLD FARRIER! Even with the stringent licensing, and the medical report that you'd propose I'd not allow anyone, even so, to own one of any type that I personally do not myself own and use. And that then only very reluctantly.

Edited by enfieldspares

5 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Looks like we have two things in common then.

The badger can't help being a badger and the horse can't help being a horse, the same can't be said for the person riding it.

I don’t ride but I assume the rider can’t control when the horse *****. In which case do you expect them to get off the horse, tether it somewhere safe, scoop the **** up with the shovel that they need to carry , put into a horse **** sized bag and carry it home with them. Doesn’t seem practical to me. 

6 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I have to ask, how in the year 2020 is this still deemed acceptable.

If your dog was to do this and you was caught you'd be fined.

Being a single track road I'm now faced with driving through this disgusting mess when I pull off the drive. 

IMG-20200728-WA0001.jpg

If you know where the riders live what you could do is take a dump on their drive then informe them put that **** on your rosses 😂😂😂

47 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

As an update, the girlfriend came over this evening, and, as predicted swung right through it as she pulled into the drive.

All up the wheel arch and in the tyre tread, so I guess it's her problem now?

Now be fair chap , if you'd have done the decent thing and cleaned it up when you first saw it , then your girlfriend wouldn't be smelling of horse manure . This one is completely your fault 👍.

Id just take my dog for a walk infront of their house 30 mins after he has had his tea. 

He cant help it when he goes especially if its right next to the gate .it would be far to inconvenient  for me to carry a poop bag with me . 

My dog sometimes eats grass too  .so thats ok  

12 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Now be fair chap , if you'd have done the decent thing and cleaned it up when you first saw it , then your girlfriend wouldn't be smelling of horse manure . This one is completely your fault 👍.

But it’s unfair on the bin men 

this is a very serious matter and it’s going to be a difficult thing to sort out we need Ditchman to invent a super poooper scooper 

22 minutes ago, Dougy said:

This may help.

I feel for you farmboy, the lockdown has had a huge impact on allot of people in the world. Maybe the link can help out. 

Best wishes and hope your OK soon:drinks:

Think some who are genuinely suffering might take offense to that? 

20 minutes ago, AVB said:

I don’t ride but I assume the rider can’t control when the horse *****. In which case do you expect them to get off the horse, tether it somewhere safe, scoop the **** up with the shovel that they need to carry , put into a horse **** sized bag and carry it home with them. Doesn’t seem practical to me. 

No, but as previously posted for less than £50 you can have a bag that attaches to the back end of the horse? 

I'm pretty sure if you can afford a horse you could afford one of those and not subject others to your horses waste?

Should other road users suffer because something isn't practical? Meeting horse's on a narrow peice of road when they have numerous byways, bridal ways and fields to ride in isn't practical for me as a car driver but so what? 

17 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Yes, some how I knew it would end up being my fault 😂

11 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Id just take my dog for a walk infront of their house 30 mins after he has had his tea. 

He cant help it when he goes especially if its right next to the gate .it would be far to inconvenient  for me to carry a poop bag with me . 

My dog sometimes eats grass too  .so thats ok  

Yes, heaven forbid you take responsibility for your animals actions.... 😂

20 minutes ago, blackbird said:

If you know where the riders live what you could do is take a dump on their drive then informe them put that **** on your rosses 😂😂😂

But there's most likely a law against that 😂

3 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

But it’s unfair on the bin men 

this is a very serious matter and it’s going to be a difficult thing to sort out we need Ditchman to invent a super poooper scooper 

Ditchy had already said he likes it all dribbling down he's arms etc, no need for a scooper.

5 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I imagine it came from the same horse's that are stabled about 2 miles away, ridden by the same young ladies who happily trot down the road with their phone in hand texting away. 

As with the riding 3 abreast it just smacks of ignorance.

My Grandad used to tell tales of when folk would have a few too many beers in the local they would just throw them into their pony and trap and send it on it's way. The pony knew where it was going.

I don't entirely approve of texting while riding a horse but I dare say it's a lot safer than doing it while driving a car. A horse is somewhat self aware.