Disgusting.

Farmboy91

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

It’s got worse birds have just made a large deposit on the motor and it’s the chauffeurs day off 🙄🤭

And as for their dawn chorus in the morning, something should be done about it :whistling:

4 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Well I’ve took a lead from this and given the vicar a ear bending about the church clock 

dam thing chimes every hour 

Don't joke OF. 😉 We have had in comers move in (near churches) and got bell ringing practice/peels stopped. Church/shared layby removed because one time folk attending a funeral/hearse blocked there access, upset there disabled child. Now fenced as part of there large garden. Got poplar old and only village shop/post office shut because of a bit of congestion outside there property. We even had a dog poo diary page in parish mag. Tolerance left long ago. What can the rabid mob complain about next seems the new norm! Usually the same folk to. Possibly horse owners? :lol:    NB

The Sportscentre manager keeps 5 horses in one of the fields at the university and its not often she takes one out but when she does there's horse **** all over the road , but thats nothing compared to when there's riding of the marches they take over one bay of the visitors car park 150 spaces full of horse boxes etc and its knee deep in the stuff and then over every road in the place 

@Farmboy91  it’s clearly something that is upsetting you so if you don’t get any luck in persuading the culprits to invest in one of those horse nappies/bags then I suggest you approach your local newspaper. They are probably looking for stuff other than covid to write about. They might send a photographer and you can stand there looking glum pointing at a pile of ****. It might shame the owners into doing something. 

6 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

As I said above, the road isn't exactly wide enough to start doing a slalom round it.

This time next year I'd imagine covid-19 will be past and then all the little things like this, that have been let slide because we have other things to worry about will still be there and no doubt worse.

I wasn't even thinking of covid, and if its not that wide then they should be respecting the road and riding at a sensible speed. 

6 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I'm pretty sure you, like all the others who have berated me over this were to be greeted by that outside the front of your house 4/5/6 times a week you'd soon change your opinion. 

Even if I wanted to I don't think I could physically clear it away myself and I certainly wouldn't risk straining myself trying. 

I can't see how a picture taken on a field has any relevance to this?

Ok just how much poop is there? I'm thinking about my compost and garden, I have to go and collect my own horse manure.?

8 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

So if a motorcyclist hit it, and came off, that would be ok in your eyes? 

It is ignorant and intolerant to leave a mess like that outside someone's house for them to clean up. 

You wouldn't leave any other sort of mess outside someone's house would you? Or maybe you would if it was to 'inconvenient' for you to tidy it up. I know I certainly wouldn't.

Don't be so dramatic. Ive clocked thousands of miles riding motorcycles and not once has horse mess been a problem, I would suggest anyone that did find it an issue was going far far too fast and I don't hang about.

No I would never leave a mess outside people's houses.

I don't ride horses, but I am tolerant of people that do.

What if someone found your shooting inconsiderate, should that be banned?

when i was at Easton agric college...we used to move the cows up the road from the low pasture to the upper diary for milking...........at both ends of the road there was a sign saying "skid risk".............that always made us laugh........we joked they would be better off with an outboard motor on the back of the car..........

At least you can see the horse poo in the middle of the road......quite unlike the bloody cat poo in the front garden that hides in the long grass only to be discovered when you get the smell off the lawnmower wheels..... closely followed by realising you’ve also walked in it! 

Just don’t get me started me started on the oh so rude mountain bikers that.....

a) Never slow down as they hurtle towards you..... dog or no dog;

b) Never acknowledge or even, show any gratitude, that you’ve actually stepped aside for them;

c) Never alert you to them rushing up behind you..... a bell? *** is one of those?

At least horse riders are absolute models of manners and politeness in comparison to the biking ********.

🤬

4 minutes ago, fizzbangwhallop said:

At least horse riders are absolute models of manners and politeness

Not all are;  Many years ago I was helping with a shoot at a friend's house - big house but rather private and a little 'neglected' in 50 acres of park land round the house in a 1000 acre estate - and there was a lady riding a horse in his parkland.  Someone (I think those picking up) spoke to her and advised her to move away before the shooting started - and they thought she had 'got the message'.

10 minutes or so later - the birds started coming and shots were fired - and her horse went bananas - threw her off (they were quite a distance back) and bolted right up towards the line of guns.  The host blew the whistle to stop all of the shooting - and in due course the rider arrived spouting blue language liberally peppered with the 'F' word at the top of her voice.

The host, who was (and in fact still is at at now great age) a rather polite and quietly spoken ex army officer asked her to gather up her horse and leave - where upon she told him he had no right to ask her to leave - she always rode there ...... etc.  Host went rather pale , but kept his cool and quietly (if rather icily) stated that he was the owner, it was private ground - and she should leave ..... and not come back - ever.  He told ma afterwards that the person was known locally for riding all over everyone's land, newly planted crops etc as though she owned every field

49 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Not all are;  Many years ago I was helping with a shoot at a friend's house - big house but rather private and a little 'neglected' in 50 acres of park land round the house in a 1000 acre estate - and there was a lady riding a horse in his parkland.  Someone (I think those picking up) spoke to her and advised her to move away before the shooting started - and they thought she had 'got the message'.

10 minutes or so later - the birds started coming and shots were fired - and her horse went bananas - threw her off (they were quite a distance back) and bolted right up towards the line of guns.  The host blew the whistle to stop all of the shooting - and in due course the rider arrived spouting blue language liberally peppered with the 'F' word at the top of her voice.

The host, who was (and in fact still is at at now great age) a rather polite and quietly spoken ex army officer asked her to gather up her horse and leave - where upon she told him he had no right to ask her to leave - she always rode there ...... etc.  Host went rather pale , but kept his cool and quietly (if rather icily) stated that he was the owner, it was private ground - and she should leave ..... and not come back - ever.  He told ma afterwards that the person was known locally for riding all over everyone's land, newly planted crops etc as though she owned every field

🤣..... yeah, have to agree with that....some can be like a Rottweiler with toothache chewing on a wasp when they think they have more right than you to be where you are...usually the older dragoons  😂

Still....in comparison, they are way more polite than the average push-bikers. At least horse-riders put something into the local community.....even if it’s only poo for the roses!

fizz

Edited by fizzbangwhallop

This forum is hilarious. For a group of people who regularly moan about the small things in life that affect only them, you're fantastically judgemental of someone taking umbrage with piles if **** outside their house. "There are worse things in the world", "You're lucky if that's all you've got to complain about". That could literally be said for 90% of the topics on this forum! The guy wanted a bit of a vent about something that bothers him, didn't say all horses and their riders need to be shot, "or sod this Corona lark, get the military in to pick up this ****."

I've seen a biker hit horse muck and come off. Wrecked his VFR750 and seriously hurt his leg. Funnily enough he's now a horse rider himself, but carries a folding shovel and flicks the horse mess to the side of the road. Just jumps off, grabs the reins, stick and flick.

I do love the definition of "Countryside" though. Taking a wild animal, taming it, saddling it and trotting it up and down public roads for a ****. Sounds idyllic 😂

23 minutes ago, Demonic69 said:

I do love the definition of "Countryside" though. Taking a wild animal, taming it, saddling it and trotting it up and down public roads for a ****. Sounds idyllic 😂

Ive heard tell that in some parts , wild animals have been 'tamed' enough to provide meat, wool and leather !
They too defecate where they stand, creating an awful mess on gods green earth, as those who tamed them didnt see fit to toilet train them proper like.

I reckon until they be trained to use toilets, they should wear those nappy things Ive seen in those much more civilised countries in the middle east :lol:

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Ive heard tell that in some parts , wild animals have been 'tamed' enough to provide meat, wool and leather !
They too defecate where they stand, creating an awful mess on gods green earth, as those who tamed them didnt see fit to toilet train them proper like.

I reckon until they be trained to use toilets, they should wear those nappy things Ive seen in those much more civilised countries in the middle east :lol:

"Excuse me Mr cow, I'd like some of your meat". "Why certainly Mr Farmer, hack away!!"

In towns I've seen horses with sacking bags under their tails to catch the droppings.

In the countryside it's normal and I think it's fine.

Go down any lane cows have gone down or sheep moved along and dungs is everywhere.

I think your best moving into a town as country living is affecting you.

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 16:51, Farmboy91 said:

I imagine it came from the same horse's that are stabled about 2 miles away, ridden by the same young ladies who happily trot down the road with their phone in hand texting away. 

As with the riding 3 abreast it just smacks of ignorance.

is this about horse poop or young ladies riding 3 abreast texting?

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 22:13, Mice! said:

20200729_221027.jpg.6ae35cec16976341a605b63664e52347.jpg

I wasn't looking for it honest, this video just came up soon FB, made me laugh. 

Beautiful, it describes the practicalities perfectly