Mitsubishi motors

blackbird

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Given the atrocious way my Pinin rotted away I wouldn't buy a new Mitsi even if I could afford it.

I think its a scandal that car dealers knowingly import cars for use on salted roads that have not been undersealed.

In which case, I must have been most fortunate with my 51 plated 2L Pinin bought as ex demonstrator and run for about 10 years with no real problems whilst in my possession. Passed all MOTs with flying colours, no mention of rust. The only problem I had was that I regularly used to damage or break the exhaust on rough ground due to its low clearance. Quoted new exhaust at about £800, but my local garage guy welded it up three times over time for 40 quid a go.

Great little motor on and off road.

I have heard that they were very prone to rusting, but presumably I was very lucky.

OB

WE had a Y reg LWB Shogun Classic Diesel. Never missed a beat. Enough torque to pull,a train! Passed every MOT with no,work,required

its only downfall was that it wasn't very good in a Fire.......Liverpool Echo Arena New Years Eve 2017!....it got toasted along with 1700 others