Sign in to follow this  
blackbird

Mitsubishi motors

Posted (edited)

Mitsubishi motors have informed all their UK dealer network that they are pulling out of the UK 🇬🇧 bloody shame as they produce fine vehicles.

Edited by blackbird

From what I understand they want to introduce different brands to the uk with an eye on the electric market. 

Given the atrocious way my Pinin rotted away I wouldn't buy a new Mitsi even if I could afford it.

I think its a scandal that car dealers knowingly import cars for use on salted roads that have not been undersealed.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Given the atrocious way my Pinin rotted away I wouldn't buy a new Mitsi even if I could afford it.

I think its a scandal that car dealers knowingly import cars for use on salted roads that have not been undersealed.

In which case, I must have been most fortunate with my 51 plated 2L Pinin bought as ex demonstrator and run for about 10 years with no real problems whilst in my possession. Passed all MOTs with flying colours, no mention of rust. The only problem I had was that I regularly used to damage or break the exhaust on rough ground due to its low clearance. Quoted new exhaust at about £800, but my local garage guy welded it up three times over time for 40 quid a go.

Great little motor on and off road.

I have heard that they were very prone to rusting, but presumably I was very lucky.

OB

21 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

inner wings use to rot so front strut would burst thru

Was this just the Pinin or did it also affect the Shogun range ?

OB

The 1.8 GDI engines also used to tick over very badly due to soot build up in the carb and manifold.

Old Boggy - Brother has a P reg Pajero that to be fair has very little rust - but he has it waxoiled frequently.

..... and my 31 year old Landie keeps trudging on:good:....new rear axle oil seal   £15 to fit passed it's last MOT no problem. 

They legally only have to supply parts and servicing for upto 3 years after the vehicle was sold so I would think the parts infrastructure will crash on its head, wouldn’t want to be owning a reasonably new Mitsubishi just now! Watch the RV plummet! 

WE had a Y reg LWB Shogun Classic Diesel. Never missed a beat. Enough torque to pull,a train! Passed every MOT with no,work,required

its only downfall was that it wasn't very good in a Fire.......Liverpool Echo Arena New Years Eve 2017!....it got toasted along with 1700 others