New coat.

tonker

Right then peoples. I like most of us I expect have a lot of shooting coats, some for a driven day, some for stalking and some for anything and everything. Can I have you collective views please on a new coat. Must be waterproof Guaranteed, breathable,and not stupidly hot. I'm going to be out in all weathers so need something that will work for many hours at a time. Many thanks for any replies. Steve.

44 minutes ago, archi said:

Arktis falklands jacket by country covers

I will second that  !  My Arktis suit is now nearly 30 years of age and still as waterproof as the day I got it. Overtrousers that zip right down to save sticking muddy boots through them, a jacket that will take several different liners (or none at all in hot weather) and a hood system that fully closed, only leaves the eyes exposed.  I bought a new quilted liner from them 2 years ago and is a great cold weather jacket in it's own right. Really good clothing and a great Company to deal with. IF you want bomb proof tweed though, it has to be Nomad in Scotland. Ask most of the Scottish stalkers, they would not use anything else. Expensive, but good.

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

😂

I have one, but I’d still recommend Laksen, although Nomad stuff is very impressive. 

I recently tried a Laksen clay shooting jacket at a gun shop near to you. I found the sizings were really poor. All of my jackets are XL. That size in the Laksen was far too tight for a shooting coat, the XXL was better, but still rode up when I lifted my arms and the XXXL was just too large all round. I bought a Musto.

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

I recently bought a Harkila Avan jacket from John Norris at a greatly reduced price,  its kept the rain out so far and is very comfortable

👍 JN is a good source for good quality jackets at sale prices if you time it right. Have found some real bargains ‘upstairs’ over the years.