vauxhall corsa van

captainhastings

16 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Any one had any experience of these little vans ? Going to look at a vauxhall corsa 1.3 cdti ecoflex tonight 2011. Much as I would like a lump of a l200 pick up to trundle around in I got to think of mpg and tax

Check on service history the Fiat engine likes to jump the timing chain, and wreck the engine.  

I did notice that they seem to need a bit of heavy foot to get going especially if pulling out over a roundabout but once you get used to it there is no ideal issue. 

I have seen some of our old ones sell at a good price with 140k on them and they were still going. I don’t recall them having any major issues only the usual servicing requirements. 

they did tend to rattle a bit due to the ply lining but I did see one lad bung some foam blocks down the sides. 

I had one ran it 6 years it was 1.3 diesel got great mpg and only let me down once faulty fuel pump relay. It failed to start at home so never left me at side road. I just changed the oil and filter every 6k as if negligent oil changed takes the timing chain out they only take 3.5 litres oil so why not preventative maintenance in my eyes. I sold it to a friend 2 years ago he’s never had any trouble loves it