Facebook Live - BASC's political work - 3pm Monday 3rd August

Join Christopher Graffius, BASC's executive director of communications and public affairs, at 3pm on Monday 3rd August for a live Countryside Workshop discussing BASC's political work. 

Set a reminder here: 

https://www.facebook.com/BASCuk/posts/3493758120658108

You don't need to be a Facebook member to watch this live workshop. If you are a Facebook member you can submit comments during the workshop.

Sorry, but you are wasting your time.  

The general public don’t need (or want to see) middle aged men, close up wearing shooting attire (PS - I fall into this category). This type of recording is amateur, 20 years out of date at best, I’m sure around 10 years ago (might be more) you spend many thousands of pounds on media centre, yet you can’t still can’t do this? (Which by the way grabs the attention of the public, is very 2020 and also annoys the hell out of the well known antis)

1 hour ago, markm said:

The general public don’t need (or want to see) middle aged men, close up wearing shooting attire (PS - I fall into this category). This type of recording is amateur, 20 years out of date at best, I’m sure around 10 years ago (might be more) you spend many thousands of pounds on media centre, yet you can’t still can’t do this? (Which by the way grabs the attention of the public, is very 2020 and also annoys the hell out of the well known antis)

You make a very good and valid point

3 hours ago, markm said:

As another has said you make an good and valid point. 

On 03/08/2020 at 19:30, Conor O'Gorman said:

A recording of the BASC Facebook Live session today on our political work is available here:

Well done Conor, 

I can now see a theme of the same very few people knocking every post you make. 

This was very interesting to watch. it also sets out what BASC do that others do not for shooting. 

Keep at it and please keep posting the information and videos. there are many many members here who i would imagine read and look anthem whether they comment or not. 

24 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

Well done Conor, 

I think that’s possibly due to the fact they can’t be bothered anymore; I know I can’t; it was just your comment which spurred me on. 
For a supposedly professional organisation, the slogan of which is ‘the voice of shooting’ I personally find it quite embarrassing. 

18 minutes ago, Scully said:

I think that’s possibly due to the fact they can’t be bothered anymore; I know I can’t; it was just your comment which spurred me on. 
For a supposedly professional organisation, the slogan of which is ‘the voice of shooting’ I personally find it quite embarrassing. 

It's the fact they speak for you whether your a member or not that bothers me most.

46 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

Well done Conor, 

This was very interesting to watch. it also sets out what BASC do that others do not for shooting. 

Keep at it and please keep posting the information and videos. there are many many members here who i would imagine read and look anthem whether they comment or not. 

I didn’t even know who this bloke was.....  What happened to davidbasc?

Sorry, but if you think this is ‘trendy’ then fill your boots, it’s like a political party conference, I don’t need persuading shooting is good, speaking to the converted?

Old-time advice was to ask yourself the following questions before speaking to a class of students, a farmers’ discussion group, the local WI, or any other group:

1.  What is the target audience?  

2.  How are people to be made aware of the event?

3.  What information do you wish to convey?  

4.  Is that what this particular audience is likely to be interested in?

5.  Have you rehearsed the speech in advance, to make sure it flows smoothly?

6.  Have you checked that all audio-visual equipment is working correctly?

I got to two minutes in and have paused. I may continue where it left off at some future point but the first two minutes did not persuade me to invest more time tonight. I’m a BASC member and pro BASC but the most interesting thing from that clip was that BASC is spoken as an initialism rather than an acronym. I have a similar conflict with RIBA but have never heard BASC as an initialism before.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

My point is this, Conor is here to share what BASC are doing. 

Some may not be interested thats fine. but yet i see the same name popping up making negative comments.

When i looked earlier this video had 272 views on PW i found it interesting to know what BASC are doing in parliament and what they are doing about the offensive weapons bill.

If Conor didn't post this BASC would be slated for not telling us what they do when they do tell us what they are doing ... the same. 

Everyone has a right to an opinion, i was just expressing mine... 

I have just checked the post has now had 343 views so ... people must be interested.

Edited by Terry2016

2 hours ago, Terry2016 said:

I can now see a theme of the same very few people knocking every post you make 

here’s a theme for you basc ides of a lead ban has done shooting the biggest disservice in history when their stupid ideas affect other people they will hear about it and rightly so forcing your agenda on other people brings everything it deserves 

4 hours ago, Terry2016 said:

Well done Conor, 

i think you will find at least one vocal critic has joined PW from the Stalking Directory just to rabble rouse  his anti BASC agenda on here

3 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I got to two minutes in and have paused. I may continue where it left off at some future point but the first two minutes did not persuade me to invest more time tonight. I’m a BASC member and pro BASC but the most interesting thing from that clip was that BASC is spoken as an initialism rather than an acronym. I have a similar conflict with RIBA but have never heard BASC as an initialism before.

quite quickly he started to refer to it as an acronym and continued to do so 

12 hours ago, Terry2016 said:

My point is this, Conor is here to share what BASC are doing. 

Some may not be interested thats fine. but yet i see the same name popping up making negative comments.

When i looked earlier this video had 272 views on PW i found it interesting to know what BASC are doing in parliament and what they are doing about the offensive weapons bill.

If Conor didn't post this BASC would be slated for not telling us what they do when they do tell us what they are doing ... the same. 

Everyone has a right to an opinion, i was just expressing mine... 

I have just checked the post has now had 343 views so ... people must be interested.

I haven’t seen it so can’t comment on its content, and it’s good they’re putting stuff out there at last, but with a ( at the time ) hugely hyped purpose built media centre costing its members who knows how much, I think I’d be expecting a bit more than 343 views, wouldn’t you? 

Is there a particular reason why the video (and twitter post) has been removed?  

Can a PW member not share videos on here anymore?

As far as I can see a video which countryside organisations put together  showing how well BoP are doing, doesn’t break the rules? 

Or are we being censored by BASC?

1 hour ago, markm said:

Is there a particular reason why the video (and twitter post) has been removed?  

Can a PW member not share videos on here anymore?

As far as I can see a video which countryside organisations put together  showing how well BoP are doing, doesn’t break the rules? 

Or are we being censored by BASC?

As far as I can tell no posts have been removed or altered by moderators on this thread.

BASC cannot censor content on PW, there is no affiliation between the two.

Conor ,

A couple of questions that I would like answers to  please .

1. Why was this podcast started before the communications was correctly connected ?

2. What was the cost to BASC to have the Media Centre built ?

3. Why is the Media Centre not utilised for communication with the Press , Media & Membership ?

Thank you .

5 hours ago, Zapp said:

As far as I can tell no posts have been removed or altered by moderators on this thread.

BASC cannot censor content on PW, there is no affiliation between the two.

Well it had been removed. It may be a twitter thing? Can I suggest all of us follow these guys, they’ve got the anti shooting lot rattled like I’ve never seen before (basically putting it back at them).

On 05/08/2020 at 11:10, Scully said:

I haven’t seen it so can’t comment on its content, and it’s good they’re putting stuff out there at last, but with a ( at the time ) hugely hyped purpose built media centre costing its members who knows how much, I think I’d be expecting a bit more than 343 views, wouldn’t you? 

Hi Scully form what i can see this was a live session via facebook, enabling a Q & A session, at the end someone asked about the offensive weapons bill. 

I think the media centre would be used to make videos, contact media and radio. this was via face ache as i call it. 

I thought it was good and if they are answering questions even better.