Lure Pike Fishing, Thames

chrisjpainter

On 30/07/2020 at 20:08, Dave at kelton said:

Used love my time on the Thames. Lures in Abingdon weir during the summer. Winter Saturday afternoon would be spinning a sprat walking from Radley Boathouse up to Sandford lock.

Hello, still very popular around Abingdon on the Thames, a chap I know fishing with a friend picked up a 15 llb pike near the new marina, it's nice to see young people taking an interest in Angling 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

How much does the licence cost you for your boat on the Thames? I wouldn't mind licencing a dinghy on the Thames for a few days out in the summer

I have membership with British Canoeing, which covers me and whichever canoe/kayak I happen to be in. It's £45 I think and covers me on 4,500km or waterways in the country. But with the Thames you can just get a licence specific to the Thames and you don't have to get out a whole year for it either.
I think all the details are here on the .gov website...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/river-thames-boat-registration-charges/river-thames-boat-registration-charges-1-january-2020-to-31-december-2020