Clear pigeon Extreme

Hi 

I use normal clear pigeon 32grm 6 shot  for 80% of my shooting decoying and driven shooting.. 

haven’t used the extreme before but do many people use them for later in the season birds and high pheasant? 

seem very good value compared to other high performance loads. 

I use them in fibre and really rate them. They're overkill for a lot of things but for corvids, bolting rabbits and high pheasants, they're great.

They're smoother and cheaper than Blackgolds. Unusually for Gamebore the size of the pellets actually matches the number written on the case (uk 5's) not 4 1/4 like BG's. What a novel idea!

Having watched George Digweed in action using them it leaves you in no doubt of what they're capable of.

WR.

5 minutes ago, White Rabbit said:

I use them in fibre and really rate them. They're overkill for a lot of things but for corvids, bolting rabbits and high pheasants, they're great.

They're smoother and cheaper than Blackgolds. Unusually for Gamebore the size of the pellets actually matches the number written on the case (uk 5's) not 4 1/4 like BG's. What a novel idea!

Having watched George Digweed in action using them it leaves you in no doubt of what they're capable of.

WR.

I was under the impression that pigeon extreme only came in plastic wad, and possibly are also 1/2 a size bigger than stated 🤔

Sorry if I’m wrong. 

1 hour ago, Oscar2011 said:

Hi 

I use normal clear pigeon 32grm 6 shot  for 80% of my shooting decoying and driven shooting.. 

haven’t used the extreme before but do many people use them for later in the season birds and high pheasant? 

seem very good value compared to other high performance loads. 

The difference is going to be very small. 
Also with the bigger shot size your getting less pellets in the pattern. 

Unless your shooting on some serious high birds you’d be far better off just using your usual 30/32g 6 or even 7’s if you can get them for normal Range stuff. 

28 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I was under the impression that pigeon extreme only came in plastic wad, and possibly are also 1/2 a size bigger than stated 🤔

Sorry if I’m wrong. 

The difference is going to be very small. 
Also with the bigger shot size your getting less pellets in the pattern. 

Unless your shooting on some serious high birds you’d be far better off just using your usual 30/32g 6 or even 7’s if you can get them for normal Range stuff. 

On pellet count mine were true UK 5's but that's not allways that accurate.

They're most definitely available in fibre. At the same price as plastic which is unusual.

Just checked.

Black Gold 5's = 3mm 

Pigeon Ext 5's = 2.8mm

As stated on Gamebore's website.

WR.         

Edited by White Rabbit

I bought a slab of these a good few years back in a plastic wad. I use them for shooting high flighting pigeon. No way would I use them on decoyed pigeons. IMHO they are seriously good if you know the birds are high and long range. A premium price cartridge which is seriously good in some situations.