Advice on manual flapper

On 15/12/2020 at 11:11, Balotelli said:

The manual flapper is fine for traditionalists or as a labour of love but there are so many better options out there. Treat yourself to a Xmas present.

No need  ! Farm has changed hands and I no longer have any permissions. I'll stick to clays for the foreseeable  !

On 01/08/2020 at 13:36, JohnArmourer75 said:

decoy.jpg

So my plan is to put strong fishing line through the wing eyelets and then through the body of the decoy and out the hole in the bottom and attach it to the spring on the pole?

I got one of them. I got it off Tiercel off here bless him. It works a treat and really turns the birds.I have an ff6 now but it all ways comes with me because it won't ever break down

Edited by captainhastings

• 3 months later...
On 10/04/2021 at 13:16, hushpower said:

Buy a manual flapper  frame off ditchman  if he still makes them, i had one years back worked a treat. Just stick a dead bird on

nope ...dont make them anymore....havnt the time............there are several on PW who have them that might part with them...?

• 4 months later...

decoy.jpg

So my plan is to put strong fishing line through the wing eyelets and then through the body of the decoy and out the hole in the bottom and attach it to the spring on the pole?

Hi Can you tell me where you bought this decoy from?  I am looking to buy some similar.  Thanks

Ditchman , Do you have a photograph of your manual flapper please?

My late friend Tony Orchard of Apple Sporting Products used to make them but I have lost (misplaced) mine. I have posted on here years ago asking for a photograph or a drawing of the wire support frame and actuating mechanism , to date with no luck . 

2 hours ago, Salopian said:

Ditchman , Do you have a photograph of your manual flapper please?

My late friend Tony Orchard of Apple Sporting Products used to make them but I have lost (misplaced) mine. I have posted on here years ago asking for a photograph or a drawing of the wire support frame and actuating mechanism , to date with no luck . 

i will see what i can do

how is this ?

flapper 001tn_.JPG

flapper 002tn_.JPG

flapper 003tn_.JPG

flapper 004tn_.JPG

flapper 005tn_.JPG

flapper 006tn_.JPG

flapper 007tn_.JPG

flapper 008tn_.JPG

flapper 009tn_.JPG

flapper 010tn_.JPG

flapper 011tn_.JPG

decoy.jpg

John where did you buy this decoy I want some similar ? Cheers