MOST UNTIDY WORKSHOP/SHED.

DUNKS

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ratlegs said:

Just thought

Ive got an overflow shed   When ever I do anything needs careful planning to get stuff out before it gets dark

P1520936.JPG

thats beat my allotment shed ! So its going to be  the home  shed  LOL 

Edited by derbyduck
not right in the head.

15 hours ago, moondoggy said:

That’s a cheep lock you have 😂

well - it keeps the birds out at least!!

I have just done the roof on our shed at the weekend - complete replacement and design so I can now stand on the top of it to cut the neighbours conifers - I must admit I ### up when I put it in about 15 years ago as now there isn't much space up the back because of the afore mentioned trees. But that shed is full - and our garage looks like a bomb has gone off in it most of the time although you can currently see the floor so I won't bother posting a picture although one of the pictures here gave me an idea for changing the racks around in the garage to free up a bit of space (mind you that will only get filled with junk)

3 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Slightly off-topic, but can you tell us more about that beam-trolley-hoist arrangement?  Where did you get it from, any good?

I bought the 200kg rated electric hoist on eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Winch-Hoist-Lifting-Engine-Pulley-Electric-Wire-Rope-Winch-100-200-kg/112394230399?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) a couple of years ago, along with two 5 metre lengths of 1/4 inch aluminium channel, which I screwed back to back to form an i-beam and screwed it to the shed rafters to form a trackway from the bike centre to the bench, over the vice. The hoist is hung from the beam on 4 nylon rollers. With this, I can easily lift the engine out of the bike and push it along the beam to the bench and lower it on to the vice. In reverse it makes fitting the engine back into the frame a doddle as I can lower it fractionally until it all lines up.

Edited by amateur

6 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Ok thanks, roll your own!

Might have to go a bit more heavy duty for my intended use - Land Rover engines have a bit more gravity to them than bike engines....

I couldn't fit anything bigger in my bijou workshop. It does the job.

There are similar 500 and 1000 kg hoists on eBay

Edited by amateur

11 minutes ago, amateur said:

I couldn't fit anything bigger in my bijou workshop. It does the job.

Bijou, yep certainly got one of those too.  Though if Paddington Bear was to give it a suitably hard stare, it would probably fall over.  This is why I'm not posting a picture of my shed, the junk in it is structural.