MOST UNTIDY WORKSHOP/SHED.

DUNKS

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Might have to go a bit more heavy duty for my intended use - Land Rover engines have a bit more gravity to them than bike engines....

I bought an electric hoist rated at 125/250 kg with a snatch block and fitted it as a sliding arrangement on a piece of scaffold pipe bolted to my 9”x2” garage joists. It was originally bought for unloading deer but it has removed/fitted three different Land Rover engines over the years. Two of these were 2.5 litre diesels, the other a ser1 petrol.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, figgy said:

That must be to catch all the oils and fluids they leak 😂 very nice sized workshop garage.

See my previous reply to the this malicious rumour 😉 which is utterly false

This Defender (which I've had for 22 years) barely drops a drip - in fact - exactly enough such that at nearly 27 years old - it has never needed welding.  Clever stuff indeed.

A series 1 I had dropped a bit.  I wish I'd kept it as they are worth a fortune now, and mine was tidy, original and low mileage (ex water board).

Worst oil dripper was a G wagen - but that was from one leak on the (auto) gearbox - which I had fixed at great expense.

It is probably a sickness, but I love looking at photos of people's sheds / garages. At a quick glance, I have the following items - identical to :-

nobbyathome - extension reel.

Wymondley - plastic shelving.

udderlyoffroad - fire extinguisher

Dunks - anglepoise lamp.

Medic1281 - spirit level.

,don't know if this is to late But  its a untidy work shop ! and if any one questions if I can make any thing in there ?  Ice lollies in the freezer & it makes my wife's blood boil ever time she looks inside !LOL

20200805_190106_(1).jpg

Edited by derbyduck
it