Today's weather

B725

We had a onshore breeze today and maybe not as hot as some counties , I found some shade under a Oak tree while shooting a few Pigeons over some stubble this afternoon , bad mistake bringing the shot Pigeons in the hide as the flies were having a field day when it started to turn humid , still no sign of any rain .

Crazy weather but enjoyable nonetheless. I’ve got sunburn 😢 pigeon shooting was quiet so I took my shirt off and had a little nap in the shade. The sun moved and my white bits are now pink. My arms face and legs are fine as they are used to seeing the light of day. 

Ran over to Linconshire this morning and sat on a squirrel feeder at 6.30am, withing a few minutes one climbed up and met 40g of lead going the other way, ten minutes later another did the same, then the sun broke above the trees and the temperature sored. From that point on , apart from a fallow doe and young fawn I did not see another animal move through to 2pm.

The heat actaully got through my small ice box lunch carrier and melted a bar of Golden Whisper in the wrapper. It was not just soft it was runny.  Decided to cut and run back home but with all windows and vents open in the Landie it was still seriously hot.  Almost got to Leicester outskirts and a back tyre blew out .... literally .... lucky  I managed to get up onto a wide verge and the highlift jsck had it up and changed in no time but by then I was soaked in sweat  ,,,,, ask Dave G he saw me 30 mins later.  A consolation of three fingers of Morrisons best Glen Stag whisky and a pint glass of fresh orange juice  and a long shower helped no end but roll on October and some sensible weather.

Edited by Walker570

Spent the morning/early afternoon at the range. Absolutely gorgeous although the wind started to pick up after 1pm.

Absolutely belted it down with some nice thunder at around 19:30. Very hot and sticky now. Although eating chilli in this weather was maybe not the best idea!

11 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Spent the morning/early afternoon at the range. Absolutely gorgeous although the wind started to pick up after 1pm.

Absolutely belted it down with some nice thunder at around 19:30. Very hot and sticky now. Although eating chilli in this weather was maybe not the best idea!

Really? When it's like this, I often love a really good hot curry. It just seems to fit. After all, if you're sweating through because of the weather, a bit more from the curry's not gonna make a difference!

7 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Ran over to Linconshire this morning and sat on a squirrel feeder at 6.30am, withing a few minutes one climbed up and met 40g of lead going the other way, ten minutes later another did the same, then the sun broke above the trees and the temperature sored. From that point on , apart from a fallow doe and young fawn I did not see another animal move through to 2pm.

The heat actaully got through my small ice box lunch carrier and melted a bar of Golden Whisper in the wrapper. It was not just soft it was runny.  Decided to cut and run back home but with all windows and vents open in the Landie it was still seriously hot.  Almost got to Leicester outskirts and a back tyre blew out .... literally .... lucky  I managed to get up onto a wide verge and the highlift jsck had it up and changed in no time but by then I was soaked in sweat  ,,,,, ask Dave G he saw me 30 mins later.  A consolation of three fingers of Morrisons best Glen Stag whisky and a pint glass of fresh orange juice  and a long shower helped no end but roll on October and some sensible weather.

Din't wanna say it at the time but you did look a bit more dishevelled than your usual casual scruff. :yay:

Edited by Dave-G

Gordon Bennett, moan, moan, moan.

Lovely weather and not enough of it, get stuff done early in the morning, feed all the plants and then water back garden in the morning before the sun hits it and the front garden in the evening when the sun has left it. Simples!

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gordon Bennett, moan, moan, moan.

Lovely weather and not enough of it, get stuff done early in the morning, feed all the plants and then water back garden in the morning before the sun hits it and the front garden in the evening when the sun has left it. Simples!

I'm with you on that but with 4 hour's in a hide in the shade of a large oak in between.