Howa 1500 (308)

steve_b_wales

Great News!!!! 

I've just taken the rifle up to one of my permissions to try it out. I cleaned the chamber/barrel before taking it, although it looked to be pretty clean. First off, I fired one of my new Lapua case homeloads, and as thought, it ejected the case perfectly. Next, I fired a new Winchester factory load, and it too ejected perfectly and smoothly, which it didn't do with my first rifle. Then I fired a PPU factory, and this also ejected very smoothly. To say I'm over the moon is an understatement.

This just goes to prove that my first rifle DID have a fault with the chamber, despite what I was told my a staff member at Highland Outdoors.  I'm now going to take the rifle down the range tomorrow morning to zero it at 100 yards, then I'll zero it out further (probably 200 yards) on the farm later next week.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Great News!!!! 

I've just taken the rifle up to one of my permissions to try it out. I cleaned the chamber/barrel before taking it, although it looked to be pretty clean. First off, I fired one of my new Lapua case homeloads, and as thought, it ejected the case perfectly. Next, I fired a new Winchester factory load, and it too ejected perfectly and smoothly, which it didn't do with my first rifle. Then I fired a PPU factory, and this also ejected very smoothly. To say I'm over the moon is an understatement.

This just goes to prove that my first rifle DID have a fault with the chamber, despite what I was told my a staff member at Highland Outdoors.  I'm now going to take the rifle down the range tomorrow morning to zero it at 100 yards, then I'll zero it out further (probably 200 yards) on the farm later next week.

Glad it has worked out, enjoy the new rifle:good: