Traditionalists Will Say It's Not Very Sporting.

Danger-Mouse

What's its purpose? To have lawful legal fun. And why not. Unlike so many pointless marathon races with road closures no one has been inconvenienced.

Which is purpose enough even if the technical challenge of making a belt fed 12 Bore machine gun weren't sufficient enough purpose in itself. As solving that is in itself a useful purpose that may have an application for, say, firing 12 Bore flares of some other 12 Bore projectile such as "Ferret" rounds.

But if we question that if a thing has no usable "purpose" then we should form a line to have our motor vehicles fitted with speed limiters to 75mph. 

Edited by enfieldspares

Sometimes when I was in the USA I had great difficulty in understanding the mind set.  My friends took us out one day and set a very dead javelina on top of a plastic can full of what they called tannerite. They then invited one of our party to shoot the can.  The result was a relatively mild explosion which blew the javelina in the air ... in pieces.  We stood and looked with little emotion, our Texan friends where leaping about cheering and shouting.  Why I don't know.  Vive la difference as the saying goes or very close.

18 hours ago, London Best said:

What is it’s purpose?

I can think of a few close quarter battle (CQB) drills I could use it for.

Spray and pray in the jungle, where contacts can take place at as little as 10 yards. Point man, one belt and run👍

Other than military activities I see no UK use.

4 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

I can think of a few close quarter battle (CQB) drills I could use it for.

Spray and pray in the jungle, where contacts can take place at as little as 10 yards. Point man, one belt and run👍

Other than military activities I see no UK use.

Exactly. What has that got todo with shooting?

47 minutes ago, fse10 said:

Why are some of you scared to admit we shoot for fun and we enjoy it.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 And a few more 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

You might not like my wife and I may not, yours- but at the end of the day we got married to people we love.

Some people will only ever enjoy punching paper, some clays, some hunt and some run round a field with a shotgun doing battle with ‘falling plates’ .... each to their own and live n let live ( as opposed to James Bond Live n let Die which I believe was Moore’s first outing)