Traditionalists Will Say It's Not Very Sporting.

Danger-Mouse

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Because of the image some of us portray to the general public.

In my world there is a difference, a big difference, between a shooting man and a gun nut.

In your world, maybe. To the anti gun bunch there's no difference between the two. They don't care if you want your gun for clays or pheasants, they just don't think you should have it.

Down here in the southern part of the states a lot of people keeps hammer cars. What is a hammer car you ask?  Well it’s a car you hit with a hammer.    Now when the Yankees up north come down to visit or the city folk come out they all turn their noses up at the lowly hammer car.  But a few minutes swinging a hammer they are grinning ear to ear. Before you know it they are standing on the hood slamming a bowling ball threw the sun roof.  The point of something might simply be to make you smile.  That’s what a belt feed 12g is. 0gPVX0i.jpg

Must admit to being a gun nut; anything which goes bang and launches a projectile and I’m there. 
I just see things like this as the equivalent of throwing stones at windows. 
Would love a go with a .50 Cal at an old truck. 🙂

Edited by Scully

I am the opposite, for me guns and cars etc are just tools not toys. I have no more emotion for them than my spade. I’ve shot all sorts of weapons incl blackpowder, none have excited me in any way.

I don’t like to see cars etc shot at, I see it as wasteful, destructive and messy. I recently reprimanded a syndicate member for shooting a fence post that his target was set against. When I was 14 my friend and I were thrown out of a small rough shooting syndicate (we had worked hard to join that season) because he zeroed his air rifle on a footpath sign - even at the time I knew it was the right decision. 

3 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I am the opposite, for me guns and cars etc are just tools not toys. I have no more emotion for them than my spade. I’ve shot all sorts of weapons incl blackpowder, none have excited me in any way.

I find that very sad.

13 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I don’t like to see cars etc shot at, I see it as wasteful, destructive and messy. I recently reprimanded a syndicate member for shooting a fence post that his target was set against. When I was 14 my friend and I were thrown out of a small rough shooting syndicate (we had worked hard to join that season) because he zeroed his air rifle on a footpath sign - even at the time I knew it was the right decision. 

Each to their own. I’m the exact opposite really. I am thrilled beyond belief by guns, always have been. 
Ive never shot up a car or truck unfortunately, but those that are, like the vehicles they shoot at on MOD ranges, are already scrap and are literally scrapped eventually. 
In my handgun days we would have ‘practical’ days as well as PP1/2, where during the former we would shoot at not just skittles, but fruit and veg’ of all different kinds which we would cadge from the local fruit and veg’ shop which was passed its best.

Watching a melon explode when hit with a bullet from a full weight .357 or .44 mag’ is pretty good fun, but nothing in comparison to a semi jacketed soft nosed hollow point from a triple four Marlin! 
Once zeroed, I would practice my rifle shooting on windfall rotten apples from the orchard, and crab apples! 🙂

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

Each to their own. I’m the exact opposite really. I am thrilled beyond belief by guns, always have been. 
Ive never shot up a car or truck unfortunately, but those that are, like the vehicles they shoot at on MOD ranges, are already scrap and are literally scrapped eventually. 
In my handgun days we would have ‘practical’ days as well as PP1/2, where during the former we would shoot at not just skittles, but fruit and veg’ of all different kinds which we would cadge from the local fruit and veg’ shop which was passed its best.

Watching a melon explode when hit with a bullet from a full weight .357 or .44 mag’ is pretty good fun, but nothing in comparison to a semi jacketed soft nosed hollow point from a triple four Marlin! 
Once zeroed, I would practice my rifle shooting on windfall rotten apples from the orchard, and crab apples! 🙂

Agree, each to their own. I despise tennis and F1 but can see that so many other people get enjoyment from it. I don’t really think less of tennis just because I find it wearisome. Life would be boring if we were all the same 👍

10 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I find that very sad.

Yes it probably is to some but you don’t miss what you never had. Funnily enough in work today one of my guys asked if I noticed the client’s ‘amazing’ watch, some alleged £40k Rolex or other... I said no, I didn’t even notice that he was wearing a watch. He couldn’t believe I didn’t care about this ‘beautifully crafted’ piece of engineering.

I told him, listen the only things that catch my eye with delight women carry in pairs and get me into too much trouble 😍

On 03/08/2020 at 10:51, London Best said:

Awesome for killing people!

So is a grenade or a rocket launcher or tank, but none of these things are anything to do with shooting.

It doesn't have any military application at all. 

Who said it was to do with shooting? 

Edited by theshootist

36 minutes ago, London Best said:
59 minutes ago, theshootist said:

It doesn't have any application at all. 

I have corrected your post sir.

Neither do a lot of things, but it gives entertainment and pleasure to many.
Just because you dont like the look of it, doesnt mean others dont, and on this forum , you are definitely in the minority not liking this particular item.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Neither do a lot of things, but it gives entertainment and pleasure to many.
Just because you dont like the look of it, doesnt mean others dont, and on this forum , you are definitely in the minority not liking this particular item.

I’m sorry, I thought it was a shooting forum.

9 minutes ago, London Best said:

No wonder BASC struggles to convince the rest of the population that we are not all nutters.

I know right , its a good job every other movie doesnt feature various weaponry blowing the bejesus out of various characters.
The rest of the population wouldnt like that at all , would it ?:lol:

Quite what BASC have to do with it Im not sure, but lets not go there aye 😆

4 hours ago, London Best said:

I have corrected your post sir.

It doesn't have to have a purpose for it to be awesome. 

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I cannot accept that a 12g machine gun has any place in our sport.

Well it doesn't, but I doubt the maker of said firearm is going to market it to clay pigeon shooters and game shooters. He just linked a video - lighten up! 

1 hour ago, London Best said:

No wonder BASC struggles to convice the rest of the population that we are not all nutters.

Eh? No too busy jumping on a lead ban without consulting the cartridge makers or basing it on evidence. 

I don't really see what all this guff is about. It's a gun that fires full auto like millions of others. Its never coming to the UK, same as the AA12. Its short, no doubt heavy, completely impractical, a one off and I can't say I enjoyed watching it, but I'm dam sure if it was in someone's back yard and it was legal, I'd have a go. Or 2.