Have you completed the Game Shooting Census yet?

The Game Shooting Census is run by GunsOnPegs and Lycetts with the support of BASC, Countryside Alliance & GWCT in formulating the questions and circulating the Census to get as high a response as possible, resulting in more meaningful data for us all.

You can help shape the future of shooting by sharing your views here:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/G3922ZJ

Yes and in the choice:

"Phase out my use of lead and plastic in shotgun ammunition" I selected that I would NOT be willing to do that.

And I urge others to complete the survey so that they, too, even if ONLY for that can decide if they want to also select that same response

Edited by enfieldspares

49 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Yes and in the choice:

"Phase out my use of lead and plastic in shotgun ammunition" I selected that I would NOT be willing to do that.

And I urge others to complete the survey so that they, too, even if ONLY for that can decide if they want to also select that same response

as it’s clearly worded to avoid a straight yes or no on the lead ban i have no intention of filling it out 

As above, form the questionnaire correctly, rather than directing the answer toward one you prefer and I'll finish completing it. Poor form really. 

Two separate questions. In my mind plastic (man made) is more of an issue than lead (naturally occurring). But very little is being made of the harm that that causes, despite overwhelming and clear evidence for the dangers of the former and only biased, weak and lacking peer review evidence for the latter, Guardian hack news articles included. 

Another case of must try harder. 

Edited by mick miller

I agree with you, very poorly constructed survey. 

I stopped at the point where it asked "Do you own a rifle". When I selected centrefire it deleted rimfire, ticking air rifle  deleted centrefire.  Maybe it didn't approve of the the answers I had given to the earlier sections ...

9 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Yes and in the choice:

This also annoyed me. Plastic and lead should of been 2 separate points.

28 minutes ago, London Best said:

Agreed 100%. I do not want to lose lead, but I never buy plastic wad cartridges.

I’m of the same view. A plastic wad is the same amount of plastic as a carrier bag. I wouldn’t throw a carrier bag in a hedgerow so wouldn’t use a plastic wad outside a clay ground.

4 hours ago, London Best said:

Agreed 100%. I do not want to lose lead, but I never buy plastic wad cartridges.

3 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

I’m of the same view. A plastic wad is the same amount of plastic as a carrier bag. I wouldn’t throw a carrier bag in a hedgerow so wouldn’t use a plastic wad outside a clay ground.

100%

As said doubt if any of the 'Learned' will take a blind bit of notice.

Edited by Walker570

3 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

I wouldn’t want to use plastic wads even inside a clay ground!

Unfortunately, a whole generation of shooters has grown up thinking plastic wads are normal, whereas those of us of a certain age who have shot all our lives remember when everyone used ‘biodegradeable’ fibre wads in paper cases. Such is progress. IMHO plastic wads were a silly invention.

20 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

One of the worst worded surveys I have yet to see, the bias is shocking. It seems if you don't shoot game you don't matter. The questions will lead to poor statistics also. Did the work experience bod write it?

It is called the GAME shooting census. 🙂

Also ammunition is, surely, the COMPLETE cartridge? Is it not? Yet this is a survey endorsed by those who should know this? It beggars belief. Like the nonsense that refers to bullets as "bullet heads". Everybody that shoots game likely uses plastic cased ammunition most of the time or if not then they certainly usually do when it is a wet day. Should not the question be rephrased to refer to lead shot and to plastic wads and/or plastic obturating discs?

Edited by enfieldspares

1 hour ago, Scully said:

It is called the GAME shooting census. 🙂

I get that, its just game shooting is not the majority of shooting and it makes no sense to not include all shooting (vermin wildfowling etc). For every 1 person I know that shoot on paid days or syndicates I must know 5 that only shoot pigeons or wildfowl etc.