Have you completed the Game Shooting Census yet?

I have completed the survey a couple of points...

It is not well put together, for example I could only select one type of rifle instead of all three. 

Rough shooting is seemingly treated as distinct from game shooting? That is not correct. Rough shooting is distinct from driven shooting, but they are both game shooting. 

I hope the survey provides some helpful data but the bias in the questions and poor structure mean it is probably of limited scientific worth. 

10 hours ago, GingerCat said:

I get that, its just game shooting is not the majority of shooting and it makes no sense to not include all shooting (vermin wildfowling etc). For every 1 person I know that shoot on paid days or syndicates I must know 5 that only shoot pigeons or wildfowl etc. 

I don’t have any links or even evidence, but I would dispute your claim that ‘game shooting is not the majority of shooting’, not in my experience anyhow. I know literally hundreds of shooters, from clay shooters, decoyers, vermin shooters etc, and I can’t think of any who don’t shoot game at some point. I’ve no doubt they exist, but I don’t know any. 
I haven’t done the survey, but I’m assuming it’s biased towards game shooting because game shooting attracts HUUUUGE amounts of money when compared to other types of shooting. 

12 hours ago, Scully said:

It is called the GAME shooting census. 🙂

I'm a recreational deer stalker.  I thought deer were classed as game but judging from the survey it would seem not.

Overall, the survey was a load of cobblers.  However, it would seem that I agree with many of you in that the use of lead is of little or no concern.  It is plastic that is the enemy.

Tim

2 minutes ago, Touchstone said:

I'm a recreational deer stalker.  I thought deer were classed as game but judging from the survey it would seem not.

Overall, the survey was a load of cobblers.  However, it would seem that I agree with many of you in that the use of lead is of little or no concern.  It is plastic that is the enemy.

Tim

Agree 👍

11 hours ago, Scully said:

I don’t have any links or even evidence, but I would dispute your claim that ‘game shooting is not the majority of shooting’, not in my experience anyhow. I know literally hundreds of shooters, from clay shooters, decoyers, vermin shooters etc, and I can’t think of any who don’t shoot game at some point. I’ve no doubt they exist, but I don’t know any. 
I haven’t done the survey, but I’m assuming it’s biased towards game shooting because game shooting attracts HUUUUGE amounts of money when compared to other types of shooting. 

It does indeed attract huge amounts of money. Regardless of the survey type the questions are very poor and will lead to bias results.