Which?

wymberley

55 minutes ago, wymberley said:

How about Ultimate Sporter R Laminate - which I suspect is your "US" - just add 'ed'.

@Ttfjlc has an Ultimate sporter.

I'm thinking a second hand R10, then get a custom thumbhole stock,  seen some very nice ones.

Plenty to choose from these days.

@Mice! Is correct, I own an S510R Ultimate Sporter, 2 mags supplied, decent Q-tec silencer as standard, a very impressive shot count. It isn't the lightest gun but if you intend to shoot from a hide/car/sticks then that doesn't matter.

The most impressive thing is the accuracy, I was testing my FAC air rifle at 60 yards when I thought I'd have a go with the US, first 4 pellets creating a cloverleaf on the target then I was humbled when the 2 other shots went a bit astray :rolleyes:.

Fortunately, I'm not too fussed. Yep, I had preferences but nothing was going to be a deal breaker (apart from me having to drive half way across the country) if I could find either a Weihrauch, Air Arms or BSA. If I can plonk it down on the bench, pull the trigger and occasionally hit something that'll do. I've found a nice package* that barely qualifies as used at a very good price which takes the edge off my pension outlay - not to mention some decent bits that I don't need and can sell on. With any rifle fitted with a scope I always have had to raise the comb by fair means or foul. It's lucky that the BSA wood stocks are adjustable whereas some just reserve this for the laminates.

*Which, to whom it may concern, includes an air bottle. 😀:innocent:

On 03/08/2020 at 16:48, wymberley said:

I've found a nice package* that barely qualifies as used at a very good price which takes the edge off my pension outlay - not to mention some decent bits that I don't need and can sell on. With any rifle fitted with a scope I always have had to raise the comb by fair means or foul. It's lucky that the BSA wood stocks are adjustable whereas some just reserve this for the laminates.

Have you got something then? It sounds like an R10 or Scorpion?

We await pictures.