Benelli Semi Autos

Dick

18 minutes ago, **** said:

I am looking to buy a Benelli semi auto. Went to a simulated game day, there was a guy there with one....fired around 250 19gram, felt, 12g with no problems at all.

Any comments / opinions

I like them, I have a M2 Comfort tech and have been using it for everything (clays, walk-up, driven birds and roe/fox) for app 10 years now.

No problem with different ammo but I am not the most fanatical person with regards to patterns etc.

Recoil operated and very reliable with little to no maintenance, I think I have cleaned it once every 2-3 years.

I have bougth a couple of aftermarket Teague chokes, 1/8 and 3/8, they work fine as well.

/Markus

Edited by Nuke

41 minutes ago, London Best said:

ROE!!!!

I’m sure there’s an offence there if I could just put my finger on it.

The use of shotguns on driven roe is a very old tradition here in Sweden. It works just fine.

/Markus

Edited by Nuke

Guest cookoff013

look into the montefeltro or the beccacia? as the latter is a smaller shorter gun designed for 3 shells only. in 20gauge its a diamond setup.

i`ve a montefeltro. its great, use

shells that will operate punchy, so the action will work, 1350fps 1oz and 1400fps 24gram minimum.

as with all automatics they need care and attention to make them smooth. thats oiling the rails, oiling the return spring / follower in the stock, and the bolt head. dont over do it.  but after they run almost everything. do not expect them to run 21g loads. they wont do it. they need recoil to operate. after that i only have stoppages trying to shoot lo speed shells.

i do not regret getting the montefeltro, over the M2 or the beccacia. 

were i to do it again, i`d try 20gauge 24" barrel beccacia. tiny and light.

Look for a nice used SuperSport, it's my clay gun of choice. Well balanced and shoots great, very good trigger for an auto too.

Also have a Beretta ou but leave for son to shoot, i much prefer the Benelli. I leave the half choke in, does all I need on clays. Tried the full blew it's pattern with my carts.  Buy one and have fun.

I had an FAC Vinci for PSG, it was an amazing gun and fired everything I threw at it. Lowest I went was 21G 7.5s, but they cycled fine. The recoil was so much less than anything else I've shot and the weight, or lack of, made the longer rounds much easier. The only issue it had was shooting from the hip, being inertia driven it didn't reset without something to butt up against.

I'd have a Montefeltro if I could afford one now, or an SGC Vinci in a heart-beat

Guest cookoff013
5 hours ago, Demonic69 said:

I had an FAC Vinci for PSG, it was an amazing gun and fired everything I threw at it. Lowest I went was 21G 7.5s, but they cycled fine. The recoil was so much less than anything else I've shot and the weight, or lack of, made the longer rounds much easier. The only issue it had was shooting from the hip, being inertia driven it didn't reset without something to butt up against.

I'd have a Montefeltro if I could afford one now, or an SGC Vinci in a heart-beat

There are decent benelli copys available.

https://www.bredafucili.com/en/hunting-shotguns/

Look like direct copy, apart from bolt head.

• 2 weeks later...