Depression

Lampwick

A mate jumped off a bridge a few years back, you'd never of known he was suffering, I'd never met someone so full of life and love for he's family. 

Always wondered how bad it must have been for him not to be able to reach out, especially when there was so many around who would have listened. 

Genuinely sorry for your loss.

depression many years on without help          mrs lost her only brother  and  surviving  tree  sisters     a drunk driver at xmas drunk driver mounted the pavement and killed him on his 16  birthday   a short time  later   another sister  lost her fight  to lupus within a year             and later in 2011  myself diagnosed  with  Hodgins lymphoma        7  treatments of R chop  (not good )   now struggling to do an hour or two to engage with anyone  as known as chemo brain        given time to think I can solve the problem   most of the time  know the answer but cant  say it   out loud          give me a few minuets  calmly I can explain   my 10 p worth                 otherwise I distress chemo fog     I can  understand the rants  and struggle  of others    please keep it simple      I struggle    bullet  points work for me   yes or no simple  no grey area 

Edited by Saltings

The biggest worry for us is in are eyes if we even mention the word we are all worried about having are Tickets taken away from us but for me that would make it worse and could push me over the edge as it’s one of the only ways I find to cope with it. I have seen some stories on here were people on here have managed to get help and keep there ticket but I bet that’s not the case for everyone. 

A much more common illness than people realise.  Also - not well understood. 

Over the years I have known many who have suffered - from relatively minor to needing in patient care ....... and most recover, but sadly some never do.  Devastating to family and friends - who wonder how they could have helped more - but it isn't that easy ......

Well as most know my wife made an allegation against me to have me arrested in feb . 
February is the month I’ve lost my sister 22 years ago . 
It’s also the month my mate shot himself 13 years ago . He was the happiest bloke I knew and I never seen it coming. 
In the last 5 months I’ve lost my wife, been locked up for 24 hours, bailed from my own house I owned 6 years before I met her, she moved him in the next day. I was having cancer tests in my nuts, had the all clear now . 
I signed up to well being for help as I knew I’d need it. I seen the pressure on all my family and friends I was putting on them. I’ve been discharged now and I have to save my feo has been really understanding. I feel fantastic now and I’m a new man. 

my advice is get help if it’s needed. I had my mates son sleeping on my sofa after he lost his dad. It destroys family’s . 
oh and women aren’t worth hurting yourself over.( no offence ladies ) 

this site has the biggest kindest heart going . I spent hours on the phone to walker570, shooting egg , mad1, sako7mm , fruitloop, saltings, strimmer, the list is amazing as their is many many more.

TALK TALK TALK it’s the answer 

Edited by team tractor

12 hours ago, crossy 666 said:

The biggest worry for us is in are eyes if we even mention the word we are all worried about having are Tickets taken away from us but for me that would make it worse and could push me over the edge as it’s one of the only ways I find to cope with it. I have seen some stories on here were people on here have managed to get help and keep there ticket but I bet that’s not the case for everyone. 

I lost my tickets through depression , life time hobby/headspace/friends all gone 

Hi All 

My background was HR and for 10 years to 2019 (now retired) I was supporting clients, of an Inner London Talking Therapy service, with their work related concerns.

Every NHS service has a Talking Therapy Service

Read about how you can access your service here.  https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/benefits-of-talking-therapy/

If you are worried about your licence you can (without disclosing why) ask them not to tell your GP

BUT if they think you may harm yourself or another then they will contact your GP, as your safety (rightly) takes priority.

with Covid 19,  all therapy is now phone based so no need to travel for support.

The Talking Therapy service is NOT an emergency service. Their hours vary so check locally. 

If you feel you want  Emergency support contact the SAMARITANS on 116 123 or your local A&E or your GP

Take care

gdadphil

2 hours ago, gdadphil said:

Hi All 

My background was HR and for 10 years to 2019 (now retired) I was supporting clients, of an Inner London Talking Therapy service, with their work related concerns.

Every NHS service has a Talking Therapy Service

Read about how you can access your service here.  https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/benefits-of-talking-therapy/

If you are worried about your licence you can (without disclosing why) ask them not to tell your GP

BUT if they think you may harm yourself or another then they will contact your GP, as your safety (rightly) takes priority.

with Covid 19,  all therapy is now phone based so no need to travel for support.

The Talking Therapy service is NOT an emergency service. Their hours vary so check locally. 

If you feel you want  Emergency support contact the SAMARITANS on 116 123 or your local A&E or your GP

Take care

gdadphil

My mates a Samaritan. He lost a girl the other day on the phone . She just wanted someone to talk to while she passed away. It’s destroyed my mate . 

On 03/08/2020 at 23:17, team tractor said:

My mates a Samaritan. He lost a girl the other day on the phone . She just wanted someone to talk to while she passed away. It’s destroyed my mate . 

Had he been a  Samaritan long TT? Sadly it's far to common There extensive training cover it but can not really prepare volunteers for there first time. He should be getting plenty of support/debrief from his team as all will have been through it!  My ex wife was heaverly involved with Sams as volunteer and trainer. It's all supposed to be VERY and TOTALLY confidential! What the caller wishes! Not even supposed to tell/share with other services or partners. It really can affect the strongest people and relationships! How the Sams was set up then some times the only time i knew something bad had happened would be picking up on her mood/behaviour/out bursts and her looking through local paper or watching local news. Not easy!  Was also hard to hide what she did from family and friends.  Some of the most selfless people i have ever met and there partners for supporting them!  Still have huge respect of anyone who volunteers and can do it.    NB

12 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Had he been a  Samaritan long TT? Sadly it's far to common There extensive training cover it but can not really prepare volunteers for there first time. He should be getting plenty of support/debrief from his team as all will have been through it!  My ex wife was heaverly involved with Sams as volunteer and trainer. It's all supposed to be VERY and TOTALLY confidential! What the caller wishes! Not even supposed to tell/share with other services or partners. It really can affect the strongest people and relationships! How the Sams was set up then some times the only time i knew something bad had happened would be picking up on her mood/behaviour/out bursts and her looking through local paper or watching local news. Not easy!  Was also hard to hide what she did from family and friends.  Some of the most selfless people i have ever met and there partners for supporting them!  Still have huge respect of anyone who volunteers and can do it.    NB

6 months . I don’t think I could do it

On 03/08/2020 at 08:16, crossy 666 said:

I delayed seeking help for years as I was concerned about loosing my tickets. My situation was slightly different in that I was diagnosed with stress and anxiety, which was putting a stain on me and my immediate family. 

i started a course of CBT last September and my tickets were due to be renewed in May 2020. I got the medical referral completed, which contained my referral information, put my renewal in and waited for the call. When it came my FEO was very supportive, we had a long conversation about my circumstances, the treatment and when it was likely to conclude. He congratulated me on seeking help and said he couldn’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be renewed. My renewed tickets arrived in the post a week after.

Acknowledging to myself and wife that I needed help was the hardest part. That and being open to my immediate friends and colleagues about what was happening. Everyone was really good, I made it clear that I didn’t want sympathy, just that it was important to me that they knew what was happening.

therapy finished 6 weeks ago and I now have the tools to manage it. I’m so pleased  that I sought help. 

It doesn’t have to mean losing your tickets, for me it  was a risk worth taking. 

On 03/08/2020 at 08:16, crossy 666 said:

This, sums it up for a lot of shooters.