N/V scope add on

Burney

Slightly off topic but i just bought yukon photon XT 6.5x50 second hand off eBay it came yesterday but I did mount a separate infrared light source on it 

Anyway I mounted it in my cz 22 rf and bore sighted it with a laser bore sighter i haven't fired it yet but trying the sight out last night i can clearly see and make out a rabbit at 350 to 400 yards

so first impressions are I am impressed with the photon so fimgers crossed it should be fantastic on the 223 howa for foxing 

5 hours ago, hafod said:

Slightly off topic but i just bought yukon photon XT 6.5x50 second hand off eBay it came yesterday but I did mount a separate infrared light source on it 

Anyway I mounted it in my cz 22 rf and bore sighted it with a laser bore sighter i haven't fired it yet but trying the sight out last night i can clearly see and make out a rabbit at 350 to 400 yards

so first impressions are I am impressed with the photon so fimgers crossed it should be fantastic on the 223 howa for foxing 

Hope it holds zero mate

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Are you sure its a Photon ?

Thats good going if it is.

To be fair with a Solaris srx I could clearly make out bunnies at 350 on a clear night, as seen by another member off here who was with me. Only sold it to be able to use a scope in daytime. 

12 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've used various 'high powered' IR torches, but the Solaris SRX beat them hands down. On a good night, I could 'see' 440+ yards, not a shootable range, but quite far nonetheless. I sent mine back to have the variable dimmer switch added.

I can see 5-600 yards with a 008 /007 with a a Wraith + IR, just didn't think the photon had the clarity at that range? 

On 08/08/2020 at 12:33, Rewulf said:

Are you sure its a Photon ?

Thats good going if it is.

Yep it's a photon 6.5x50 but I am using an additional infered light source

i havent shot the rifle its mounted on though so i couldnt comment on a wandering zero yet

but yes i.m impressed with the range it can pick up targets so far