Help with chainsaw part.

Sprinter

I'm hoping one of you crafty tinkerer engineering project chaps may be able to help me out with this one.

I have an elderly husqvarna 61 chainsaw and the brake band has let go. This part has been unavailable for many a moon. Believe me I have tried all sorts to get my paws on one to no effect. I have now located a part that is close but needs a little fettling to make it work.

The general gist is it is a loop of spring steel approx 1mm thick and 8mm wide attached to a half round adjuster bar with two rivits. The two rivits need removing, the spring steel needs shortening by 6mm or so, two new holes in the spring steel and then re-riviting to the half round adjuster.......

index.jpg

You might of contacted all the dealers already BUT ...try world of power based in buxton peak district they seem to stock everything for huskys & the gent who repairs them seems to be a wizard with fixing them he might have a spare in his work shops he's been doing it for years 

• 4 weeks later...