BB or Airsoft replica for mounting

JohnArmourer75

I'm looking to make a military plaque for a colleague who is leaving after 30 years of service as an Armourer. My plan is to use a plastic replica of a Browning 9mm or Glock pistol and mounting it on a oiled oak mount  with brass insignia and 9mm brass case.

If anyone has a broken or damaged replica or airsoft equivalent I would be most grateful and happy to pay a small fee and cover P&P. 

Cheers,

13 hours ago, JohnArmourer75 said:

I'm looking to make a military plaque for a colleague who is leaving after 30 years of service as an Armourer. My plan is to use a plastic replica of a Browning 9mm or Glock pistol and mounting it on a oiled oak mount  with brass insignia and 9mm brass case.

If anyone has a broken or damaged replica or airsoft equivalent I would be most grateful and happy to pay a small fee and cover P&P. 

Cheers,

See if a founder can use a plastic pistol to make a mould in casting sand and cast the thing in brass? 

11 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

See if a founder can use a plastic pistol to make a mould in casting sand and cast the thing in brass? 

That sounds like a good idea, getting hold of that much brass these days is not easy. I plan to use the plastic and brush paint it with model paint to give it a worn metal effect. I plan to use a dremel to cut it into two.

1 hour ago, JohnArmourer75 said:

That sounds like a good idea, getting hold of that much brass these days is not easy. I plan to use the plastic and brush paint it with model paint to give it a worn metal effect. I plan to use a dremel to cut it into two.

Have a ring around some indoor shooting ranges. .22LR brass will be available as scrap as will Berdan primed centrefire scrap. In one sense it'd be quite apt to have a gun cast from scrap cartridge brass.