It’s a mad world

Lloyd90

A friend of mine with whom I played rugby with for over 10 years experienced a cardiac arrest just days ago at the age of 30. 

He was driving a fire truck at the time and crashed. He then experienced a bleed on the brain. 

Was taken to hospital and operated on and in an induced coma, but last night passed away shortly before midnight. 

Leaves behind a wife and a toddler. 

Absolutely blown my mind 😞 

Very sorry to hear that. 

Too many are taken too soon.  I lost a long term (over 30 years) friend last autumn.  He bent down to do up his shoe lace and collapsed - PM revealed a major blood clot.  He was a fit and healthy non smoker etc, coming up to 65 and was to have retired in 3 weeks .......

Edited by JohnfromUK

That is so sad a reminder of how fragile life is.  Sorry to hear that Lloyd90.  When one lives through this kind of thing the yawning gap of loss that can't be filled by anything is terrible coupled with being unable to say goodbye or share final thoughts.  It's instant, gone.

It reminds me of my brother in law who is a pensions actuary, they have things called Mortality Tables...kind of useful in that field.   They have a saying 'That whilst life may well begin at 40, death begins at 30.  Sobering.

Edited by Cosmicblue

30 is so upsetting. I keep hearing more and more young people passing . Customer had a lad crushed by a tractor the other day. 
my sister was 19 and I remember the good times as best I can . 
a local lad I knew was punched and killed leaving his 2 young kids . 

how your ok Llyod. 
remember it’s good to talk 👍

So sad, to go at that age.

Friends of mine when leaving school went to ICI for apprenticeships. Given a full medical one found he had a hole in heart and others different problems.

Fit as a fiddle playing football etc, sometimes you never know.

Sad news Lloyd and a tragedy for the young man’s family.

It shows that we often have only a tenuous grip on life, but thankfully we are mostly unaware of just how slight it may be.

None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow so live today as best you can for yourself and others.

Same happened to a mate who lived two doors away from me growing up and we were always together, he joined the RAF i joined the Army, he was 32 years old walked into his house after rugby training for his unit, clutched his chest in front of his wife and was apparantly dead before he hit the floor.

You never know what's round the corner, make the most of every day.