puppie s

babs2020

9 hours ago, babs2020 said:

feeding kibble 

I personally wouldn’t give anything other than a high quality kibble which is already expertly formulated for a growing puppy’s needs (I dont know anything about raw feeding so can’t comment on that). Anything else added can upset the balance. Just my opinion.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

I personally wouldn’t give anything other than a high quality kibble which is already expertly formulated for a growing puppy’s needs (I dont know anything about raw feeding so can’t comment on that). Anything else added can upset the balance. Just my opinion.

I agree. When I first started working spaniels I used minced raw tripe but found it too hit and miss. I went on to a good puppy kibble and have stuck with that for over forty years. I have changed brands largely to suit the dog as not all seem to do well on every brand. I have never used additives as the manufacturers have done all that work for me.

26 minutes ago, babs2020 said:

thanks guys was some thing a trainer said to me   that why i asked    

What did they say?

Everyone does it their own way, same with training and feeding.

Some I know (who have some very accompished dogs) feed the cheapest kibble and say it don't make any difference. Others I know feed raw, green tripe, and BARF. Others feed a mix of kibble and BARF... some claim mixing them together is the worst thing in the world, I have seen lads who ran in the champs last year who mix it and their dogs do very well on it. 

Find something that works for you and stick with it I say. I tried lots of kibbles with Ted, even plain terriers biscuit, all these grain free expensive ones and just normal ones and found he had terrible stomach, red itchy skin and loose poops.

I feed him raw now and he can tolerate a little bit of this biscuit called natures menu instinct or something, he only gets a small bit of that added to mostly minced BARF meals and he is doing very well on it. On the kibbles he was a bag of bones and looking awful, he looks a well muscled solid springer now. 

He needs to drop a few lbs in-fact now before start of the season, I need to get him really fit in prep for ideally running in our first trial this year (getting a run depending) but this horrid boiling hot weather isn't helping as I am worried to take him out in case he over heats.

Ted1.jpg