A personal best day.

la bala

1 hour ago, Wilts#Dave said:

Great day by the looks of it!! 
I had my personal Pb too on Wednesday over some topped off rape stubble, 239. 

Two fantastic bags, and congrats on your P B , this go to show there are still a lot of pigeons about despite the word of shortage keep cropping up from time to time .

Have you still got an outlet for fresh and frozen pigeons in your neck of the woods ?

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Two fantastic bags, and congrats on your P B , this go to show there are still a lot of pigeons about despite the word of shortage keep cropping up from time to time .

Have you still got an outlet for fresh and frozen pigeons in your neck of the woods ?

Judging by the huge bags I see posted regularly, there is certainly no shortage. When I get round to it (later tonight) I will do a write up of my outings since the start of harvest.

Again, well done to Stuart on a great bag!

4 hours ago, marsh man said:

The lad still has one outlet MM,  Took his birds in this morning, had 65 of them rejected with fly strike . Unless you have a chiller standing close by, this weather is a tad hot for pigeon shooting. Think he had 305 on the clicker but 270 picked up.

5 hours ago, la bala said:

The lad still has one outlet MM,  Took his birds in this morning, had 65 of them rejected with fly strike . Unless you have a chiller standing close by, this weather is a tad hot for pigeon shooting. Think he had 305 on the clicker but 270 picked up.

Your lad look like he can cope with this hot weather better than the Pigeons , good job he don't get fly blown , now the pub / restaurant is open again after a long while shut due to the virus I can sell up to 40 a week , if I shoot any before the weekend    I cool them off in my old fridge freezer and then put them in my chest freezer and any I get from Monday I turn the fridge up to very cold and leave them till I take them to pub Wednesday dinnertime , mind you mine are only small numbers , if I had to cope with the numbers your boy get then that would be a different kittle of fish . 

21 hours ago, marsh man said:

Strange as our area can be devoid of pigeons almost then they’ll turn up en masse, but only in specific areas and then go again....it’s a matter of just keeping an eye on it all constantly and where/what crops are planted makes the most difference here. 
Other areas though seem to produce 2/3/4/500 bird days on a regular occurrence going by the Facebook pages so certainly no shortage overall it seems. 
All the game dealers we usually deal with have stopped taking them so an outlet for bigger numbers is harder now. I’ve managed to find someone who breeds ferrets and is taking 100 plus at a time, they took over 250 on their last collection! 

Edited by Wilts#Dave