Brass case annealer

wyn

I made this annealer a year or two ago and just got round to using it.

It's 3mm sheet with a couple of bosses welded on to take oilite bushes. Silver steel shafts with aluminium wheels on the front and pulleys on the back, all held on with grub screws into flats on the shafts.

The cutout in the top wheel picks up a case as it goes round and drops it on the bottom rotating wheel. The case is held in position with a flap as it rotates, the flap has a cam on the back which is timed to the top wheel to release just before the next case comes round.

The torch was the smallest one i could find in B&Q.

In the pic below it has just released a case and the next is going to drop in the flame.

IMG_0616.JPG.21f07ec3535878b1fb1aaf1284c24c29.JPG

It's all driven with a small 12v  90* motor. this has a speed and direction controler.

The small black screw in the top pulley operates the cam for the flap. Every thing is timed off this top pulley....the quicker the motor goes the shorter the time the case is in the flame. Theres no timing for the bottom wheel...it just needs to rotate a bit to turn the case. This all meant i didn't need any fancy timing belts or gears.

IMG_0624.JPG.182be8b755b1bf8807655dee58034b5f.JPG

It works ok and went through 250 cases in 10-15 minutes.  One did jam up somehow and got cooked up.

I set the timing with 4 cases with "Tempilaq" on the inside of the necks, before letting it go with the rest.

The video below starts upside down

3 hours ago, 1066 said:

Excellent job and looks like it works very well. That's similar to the way one of my first efforts work, the Mk2  versions are simpler.

Mk1:

I'm pretty sure it was yours that i had seen previously and it seemed to be the best one around.