Paintmine Wood.

Westley

Paid a first time visit to Paintmine Wood clay shoot, near Carnforth, yesterday.  We had an excellent time, apart from the weather, 100 targets off 11 stands only 4 'no birds' in 200 targets, which was pretty good considering the heat. (heat and clays don't mix). A good range of some testing targets and each stand clearly marked as to what you would get and how many pairs to shoot. Judging by the clubhouse, the hospitality should be good in better times. I will certainly be making a return visit, anyone considering going it is FIBRE wads only.  Cost, a very reasonable £25/100 clays. We visited Malmo Guns first and then went on to the clay shooting, great day out. 

1 hour ago, Westley said:

Paid a first time visit to Paintmine Wood clay shoot, near Carnforth, yesterday.  We had an excellent time, apart from the weather, 100 targets off 11 stands only 4 'no birds' in 200 targets, which was pretty good considering the heat. (heat and clays don't mix). A good range of some testing targets and each stand clearly marked as to what you would get and how many pairs to shoot. Judging by the clubhouse, the hospitality should be good in better times. I will certainly be making a return visit, anyone considering going it is FIBRE wads only.  Cost, a very reasonable £25/100 clays. We visited Malmo Guns first and then went on to the clay shooting, great day out. 

Glad to hear it's open

we have been once and thoroughly enjoyed it....particularly the Grouse butt

due to other commiiments we have not been able to shoot since the day Triggr reopened in may. But we will be back shortly....and have that coffee at Ribble Bank also 👍

47 minutes ago, Diver One said:

Glad to hear it's open

we have been once and thoroughly enjoyed it....particularly the Grouse butt

due to other commiiments we have not been able to shoot since the day Triggr reopened in may. But we will be back shortly....and have that coffee at Ribble Bank also 👍

Yes that's a must.  I have been going to Ribble Bank on a Wednesday,  they have been catering for the 'older members' then, so all the 'vulnerables' are together  !    😷

You do need to phone or text them to book in.

Edited by Westley

On 07/08/2020 at 19:33, Westley said:

Sounds good and I hope the ground continues to thrive. 

£25 per 100 just shows what can be done.