So Where Are The Protests For This Guy?

Danger-Mouse

Whilst any death at the hands of the police is bad news . What on earth do you expect to happen when you answer the door to armed police officers with a gun in your hand ?. I agree that the officers weren't exactly slow off the mark , but , how many of us would hang around to see if the guy was going to pull the trigger or not ?.

5 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Whilst any death at the hands of the police is bad news . What on earth do you expect to happen when you answer the door to armed police officers with a gun in your hand ?. I agree that the officers weren't exactly slow off the mark , but , how many of us would hang around to see if the guy was going to pull the trigger or not ?.

So because he opened the door with a gun he Deserve to die the police killed him for no reason they didn’t give him time to respond to there demands 

Edited by martyn2233

46 minutes ago, martyn2233 said:

So because he opened the door with a gun he Deserve to die the police killed him for no reason they didn’t give him time to respond to there demands 

Opening the door to armed police officers with a gun in your hand must be the daftest thing that anyone could ever do . I didn't say that the guy deserved to die , but it's a very real expectation. 

13 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Opening the door to armed police officers with a gun in your hand must be the daftest thing that anyone could ever do . I didn't say that the guy deserved to die , but it's a very real expectation. 

Your bang on. They shout police before he opens the door. 
little bit quick tho maybe 

Edited by team tractor

I have to say it’s scary when armed police are called. I only opened the cabinet when I was forced to hand my guns over and when you see them put their hands on the pistols is scary. 
I think they were too quick off the mark but  after seeing so many videos of Americans shooting police it’s an endless battle. 

After being told it is the Police, he appears at the door with a gun in his right hand. He is told to put the gun down, but moves it behind his back. He could have just dropped it. 

The Police look to have acted rather rapidly, but if he had done what he was told,  would the tragedy have been averted?

40 minutes ago, clangerman said:

if that was a fast draw contest the police would have won hands down this is what george’s death was really about until we stop giving idiots and bullies badges and firearms their victims will continue to pile up that poor chap made NO attempt to raise his hand this is a murder 

so if the police knocked on your door , and shouted "OPEN THE DOOR , ITS THE POLICE" , would you think that it was a wise idea to open the door with a gun in your hand ?.

31 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

so if the police knocked on your door , and shouted "OPEN THE DOOR , ITS THE POLICE" , would you think that it was a wise idea to open the door with a gun in your hand ?.

No but we don’t live in the USA ether where people use I’m the police open the door just to rob your house 

11 minutes ago, martyn2233 said:

No but we don’t live in the USA ether where people use I’m the police open the door just to rob your house 

ill rephrase the question martyn .  if you lived in the USA , where you can pretty much guarantee that every police officer will be carrying a firearm and is trained in its use , and will be ready to use it as they enter a possible  hostile situation , would you think that it was a wise move to swing open your front door with a gun in your hand  ?.

the video makes very uncomfortable viewing , and nobody in their right mind wants to see police officers take the life of an innocent person , but its no use blindly blaming the police .

54 minutes ago, Fuddster said:

A fact based account

f

The facts seem to show that Ryan was looking at and obeying the officer who shining a torch in Ryan's face. The officer concealed by the wall then shot him in the back.

19 minutes ago, martyn2233 said:

A point I was going to make. There's also the possibility if their tv was on loud they didn't hear the cops shouting,  just the hammering on the door.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

The facts seem to show that Ryan was looking at and obeying the officer who shining a torch in Ryan's face. The officer concealed by the wall then shot him in the back.

A point I was going to make. There's also the possibility if their tv was on loud they didn't hear the cops shouting,  just the hammering on the door.

The officer was not concealed-both were in cover positions-not standing in front of a closed door-maximising their safety to a door soon to be opened by a man with a handgun.

Do you advocate any US citizen who hears 'Police-open the door' present themselves with a firearm? How about if they hear 'Amazon, Mormons?

f.

6 minutes ago, Fuddster said:

The officer was not concealed-both were in cover positions-not standing in front of a closed door-maximising their safety to a door soon to be opened by a man with a handgun.

Do you advocate any US citizen who hears 'Police-open the door' present themselves with a firearm? How about if they hear 'Amazon, Mormons?

f.

Imagine you open the door and someone shines a torch directly into your face. Do you think your attention will be focused on the man with the torch or do you think you will check what is happening off to the side of you? As the officer shot Ryan in the back it's a pretty fair assumption that Ryan was unaware of his presence. If you want to play semantics and say he wasn't deliberately concealing himself then fine.

Did they hear them shout police? They were playing video games, apparently they had loud music on, there may have been doors in between them and the front door. They may only have heard loud banging. 

From another article

Whitaker’s brother Steven described how Ryan attempted to follow the officer’s commands after his brother had opened the door with a gun in his hand.

“You can see the very second he identifies it’s police on the other side of that door, you can see it in his face and he immediately takes a defensive position, very submissive,” he said.

Whitaker’s family believes he did not know it was police at the door or else he would have never opened the door with a weapon in his hand.

The origin of why police were even at Whitaker’s apartment in late May is also being questioned by the family.

“Two officers responded to a fabricated 911 call of a domestic violence dispute,” that’s how Steven Whitaker described the call reported by a neighbor.

Police included some of the 911 call in its critical incident briefing released to the public on Wednesday. The Whitaker family now believes the nature of the police officer’s response was impacted by what was included in that conversation.

“The 911 dispatch officer used poor judgment and escalated the call and needs to be fired in my opinion,” Whitaker’s sister, Katie Baeza added. “The 911 caller should have charges brought against him for falsely and knowingly escalating that call.”

The Whitaker family denies there being any sort of domestic violence on the night of his death. They claim the loud noises coming from his apartment were from Whitaker and his girlfriend playing video games with loud music.

“My brother was pro-law enforcement 100%, he wanted to be a police officer,” Steven Whitaker added. “If he knew cops were on the other side of that door that weapon would have never came out of that nightstand.”

26 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

If you want to play semantics and say he wasn't deliberately concealing himself then fine.

Its not semantics-its a tactical approach to a door referred to as a split or contact and cover positional roles. 

57 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Did they hear them shout police? They were playing video games, apparently they had loud music on, there may have been doors in between them and the front door. They may only have heard loud banging. 

Sure, decision time then-look out of a window, shout out from inside who's there? or maybe

'Step out so I can you are real cops'-you could even call 911 if you are so concerned- He chose to grab a handgun and answer the door. 

The mindset in US law enforcement appears to be a very rigid approach of if you perceive a threat-deal with it and defend yourself-I believe this is backed up in the constitution.

The first line of your post seems to have been skipped over and now we are now discussing the legality of the shooting. I haven't the time or inclination to micro analyse this event but I can see how it rapidly unravelled and led to a fatal confrontation.  

No,there won't be outcries and looting, nobody will be painting a mural of him and I doubt the streets of London will see much disorder on his behalf. 

There's no mileage for the media in this one hence not even hearing about over here despite occurring in May-now why is that?

f.

52 minutes ago, Fuddster said:

Its not semantics-its a tactical approach to a door referred to as a split or contact and cover positional roles. 

Sure, decision time then-look out of a window, shout out from inside who's there? or maybe

'Step out so I can you are real cops'-you could even call 911 if you are so concerned- He chose to grab a handgun and answer the door. 

The mindset in US law enforcement appears to be a very rigid approach of if you perceive a threat-deal with it and defend yourself-I believe this is backed up in the constitution.

The first line of your post seems to have been skipped over and now we are now discussing the legality of the shooting. I haven't the time or inclination to micro analyse this event but I can see how it rapidly unravelled and led to a fatal confrontation.  

No,there won't be outcries and looting, nobody will be painting a mural of him and I doubt the streets of London will see much disorder on his behalf. 

There's no mileage for the media in this one hence not even hearing about over here despite occurring in May-now why is that?

f.

You can call the tactic whatever you like. One of the ideas of it is to make sure the officer is not in the line of fire. In this case it means he is not easily visible to the man coming out of his apartment. Whether deliberate or not he was concealed from the man as he exited his apartment. It would also mean he wouldn't have been visible had the man looked out of the window to see who was there.

Not that of course there is a window. Difficult to tell but there doesn't appear to be a spyhole in the door either.

0a11.png

Again, you are presuming he heard them shout police. 

The factual video you put up showed him starting to comply with the officer's orders and then being shot in the back. Those are facts.

It hasn't made the media because as I said they don't think it will cause enough outrage to sell them any newspapers. I was merely pointing out their hypocrisy and the ridiculousness of the BLM movement. Killing a man high on drugs who was stopped for passing fake bills causes riots but shooting a guy who was at home playing video games is barely worthy of mention.

51 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

You can call the tactic whatever you like. One of the ideas of it is to make sure the officer is not in the line of fire. In this case it means he is not easily visible to the man coming out of his apartment. Whether deliberate or not he was concealed from the man as he exited his apartment. It would also mean he wouldn't have been visible had the man looked out of the window to see who was there.

I'm calling the tactic by its name not what i like-cops are not going to stand together, in a nice well lit area waiting for a door to open-not knowing who's about to come out-you can call it concealing or hiding in the shadows but it places the officer at an advantage and maximises their safety- this is basic contact drill so I've no need for further comment.

As I said in my final sentence, and in agreement with your final sentence-had some very minor detail being different the US would have exploded. 

The media excels at presenting what we are to be spoon fed and what we are to believe.

f.

1 hour ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Not that of course there is a window. Difficult to tell but there doesn't appear to be a spyhole in the door either.

0a11.png

Again, you are presuming he heard them shout police. 

The factual video you put up showed him starting to comply with the officer's orders and then being shot in the back. Those are facts.

It hasn't made the media because as I said they don't think it will cause enough outrage to sell them any newspapers. I was merely pointing out their hypocrisy and the ridiculousness of the BLM movement. Killing a man high on drugs who was stopped for passing fake bills causes riots but shooting a guy who was at home playing video games is barely worthy of mention.

But surely there's a world of difference between kneeling on someone's neck for nine minutes and shooting someone who answers the door with a gun?

2 hours ago, stumfelter said:

But surely there's a world of difference between kneeling on someone's neck for nine minutes and shooting someone who answers the door with a gun?

Both are dead. One had a better audience that's all. 

He looks to me to be lowering himself to drop the gun from a safe distance, with his left arm raised in submission. Could of been a ploy for a decent comeback, but i doubt it. The cops were called for a domestic violence call, they would be alert and ready to roll. 

The biggest question is did he hear them shout? I doubt it. If he's having grief of his neighbours, he might of completely ignored what was said anyway, and just heard the knocking with his music playing ect in the background and went to the door like billy big balls, gun in hand for a bit of peacocking to tell his expecting neighbour to stick it. 

To me tho he was definitely putting the gun down, i dont care what colour he was. 

Edited by strimmer_13