Future President? Now Imagine if This Was Trump.

Danger-Mouse

I guess they don't call him Creepy Joe for nothing.  Can you imagine the furore if a video of Trump being so, I'll be polite, touchy, feely with kids came out? Would you be happy to have him around your kids? Serious question, I don't have kids but I don't think I'd want him near them if I did.

38 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I guess they don't call him Creepy Joe for nothing.  Can you imagine the furore if a video of Trump being so, I'll be polite, touchy, feely with kids came out? Would you be happy to have him around your kids? Serious question, I don't have kids but I don't think I'd want him near them if I did.

There was. months ago. It was covered pretty widely in the mainstream press, along with accusations of sexual impropriety towards a Senate aide. The problem was that it got lost in the wake of White House screw-ups and the Dems just rode it out. Most of it came out in Huff post, Washington Post, NYT etc...around March/April/may time, just as Trump was lurching from one bad Covid statement to another, so it kind of got lost. The trouble is to make political hay, you need to be fairly sure your own side isn't going to do something that's going to switch the limelight - and for a good amount of time to make it all stick. How's that ever going to happen with Trump at the wheel? He gives a relentless stream of ammunition to his detractors, so it's no surprise a sex scandal gets forgotten too quickly.

That said, Joe Biden makes  my skin crawl. Even the Dems must be concerned that he seems to do best when he says absolutely nothing! He is the silent candidate.

Biden is a Trojan Horse. The plan is to get him elected and then in a couple of months declare he is unable to continue because of health problems and the Vice President then takes the role of President.  Watching his performances at the lecturn can you honestly suggest anyone with any sense in the Democratic Party would put him up for the job other than as I suggest.

God help the USA if he gets elected ..... and I'm an atheist.

i cant make my mind up . in the video he definitely looks like a dirty old pervert , but im not sure if he really is a dirty old perv , or if hes a slippery old  politician trying to be friendly with kids (kissing the baby type thing) , and getting it monstrously wrong . pw has several members that are very aware of these types of folks , and they may be better able to give a more informed opinion.

either way , i wouldnt have let the creepy old scrote near my kids.:no:

3 minutes ago, bavarianbrit said:

Boris was born in the USA so he can legally run for POTUS after he has ruined the UK.

I know, we would have been far better off with that Corbyn fellow, we could all be learning Russian by now , and learning how to queue for bread.
He was clever enough to have stopped covid in its tracks too, plus with the maths wizardry of his ex girlfriend .... :lol:

The thread starts off highlighting a very creepy individual and ends up with "knock Boris". Priceless rubbish.

Trump is a shoe in come November.

As for Boris - who would the knockers replace him with - Keir Starmer? That would require a very good sense of humour.

On 10/08/2020 at 15:17, bavarianbrit said:

Boris was born in the USA so he can legally run for POTUS after he has ruined the UK.

I believe Boris has given up his U.S citizenship rights.

On 09/08/2020 at 11:54, Walker570 said:

Biden is a Trojan Horse. The plan is to get him elected and then in a couple of months declare he is unable to continue because of health problems and the Vice President then takes the role of President.  Watching his performances at the lecturn can you honestly suggest anyone with any sense in the Democratic Party would put him up for the job other than as I suggest.

God help the USA if he gets elected ..... and I'm an atheist.

I was not far wrong was I?   I see Markle has jumped on the bandwagon promoting womens rights and just wait and see she will be backing Harris.

I repeat ...... God help America.

57 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I was not far wrong was I?   I see Markle has jumped on the bandwagon promoting womens rights and just wait and see she will be backing Harris.

I repeat ...... God help America.

What's your concern with her? It'll be interesting to see how the Right treat her, because the usual tactics of 'soft on crime, soft on drugs' aren't going to wash with her tough prosecution record of fighting to keeping criminals behind bars and her support of national police forces. They've tried to attack her for both already...so ended up looking vindictive and irrational.

4 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

They've tried to attack her for both already...so ended up looking vindictive and irrational.

Just US politics , its par for the course.

Doesnt stop when they take up residence in the WH either, BUT, you end up with a woman in there, especially a woman of colour, your options of attack become severely limited.
This is what Walker is alluding to.
Creepy Biden is unelectable, but its too late for the democrats to put any one else in the race, but put Harris as his running mate (and possible replacement) you get to appeal to a broader section of society ?
Quite clever if it wasnt so obvious.

Edit , even the Russkies think so :lol:

Most American voters don’t expect Joe Biden to complete a four-year term if elected president.

The results of a Rasmussen Reports poll published on Monday reveal that around 59 percent of all likely voters, including 49 percent of Democrats, think the 77-year-old would ‘probably’ be replaced by his vice-president before the end of 2024, while 39 percent thought it ‘very likely’ and just 14 percent ‘not at all likely.’

Responders weren’t asked to give a reason for their answer.

Not only does this mean that some people might vote for a candidate they think won’t make it to the next election, but Biden’s choice of running partner suddenly becomes a lot more interesting.

That said, only nine elected presidents have failed to complete a four-year term – and eight of those died in office. The one exception...?

Tricky Dicky Nixon, of course, who resigned after being impeached in 1974.

READ MORE: https://on.rt.com/anzk

Edited by Rewulf

4 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

What's your concern with her? It'll be interesting to see how the Right treat her, because the usual tactics of 'soft on crime, soft on drugs' aren't going to wash with her tough prosecution record of fighting to keeping criminals behind bars and her support of national police forces. They've tried to attack her for both already...so ended up looking vindictive and irrational.

They seem to mostly be having a lot of fun making memes about her. Her tough on keeping criminals behind bars is backfiring in some cases where she is seen to be supporting the prison industrial complex rather than being tough on crime. "I'm concerned about this record of senator Harris. She put over 1,500 people in jail for marijuana violations and laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana," Gabbard said at the debate.

They're describing her as Hilary MkII. Yes she might be a little more appealing to Republican voters but progressive Democrat voters will hate her for the same reasons.

They're pointing out her rank hypocrisy over her comments about believing the sexual misconduct allegations against Biden and yet now joining him in this campaign.

0-BIDEN-MEME-2.webp

0-BIDEN-MEME-3.webp

0-BIDEN-MEME.webp

From the admittedly little I've seen, for the most part they don't seem to believe their luck in who was chosen for Biden's running mate. Notice I don't say who Biden chose. Apparently one of the first jokes was about Biden finally finding out who was going to be his VP.

0-Biden-surprised.jpg

Edited by Mr_Nobody
Extra meme.

5 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I am purely reporting what I hear from the USA and from the response from Demo voters  my information appears to have weight.  IF Biden gets in then the USA will have MSS Harris as President by the back door, hence my trojan horse comment.

The racist and sexist meme is daft. There are a shed load of other reasons why Harris is a decent option, especially in this election - if only the ultra left would grow up and have a bit of common sense. If it came from the Right, then if that's the best accusation they can make, they're really in trouble! If it came from the Left, then it shows how moronic the far left is. They're exactly the same as the Corbynistas here: far too good at hurling grenades at their own party to achieve anything. Anyone who doesn't think exactly on their agenda is a traitor to progressiveness, which is probably a bad way to think in an election, seeing as most of the country doesn't! Most of them, it seems would rather not have to vote because Sanders isn't on the ballot. You know politics is a mess when you can't tell whether the gutter sniping is coming from a candidate's opposition or their own party!

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I am purely reporting what I hear from the USA and from the response from Demo voters  my information appears to have weight.  IF Biden gets in then the USA will have MSS Harris as President by the back door, hence my trojan horse comment.

Yeah I see your point and the stats Mr_Nobody put up do support it. It's a huge risk though. Unless nature takes its course, the last thing Harris would want is to only get a maximum of a term and a half, part of which will be putting out the fires of whatever fiasco Biden leaves behind. If she got in at half time, the damage to her reputation could be irreparable come an election 2 years later. Then the Dems have burned their best candidate in the field on a hapless trojan horse, when they could have just done it properly. Needs common sense to put all that together though...

6 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

The racist and sexist meme is daft. There are a shed load of other reasons why Harris is a decent option, especially in this election - if only the ultra left would grow up and have a bit of common sense. If it came from the Right, then if that's the best accusation they can make, they're really in trouble! If it came from the Left, then it shows how moronic the far left is. They're exactly the same as the Corbynistas here: far too good at hurling grenades at their own party to achieve anything. Anyone who doesn't think exactly on their agenda is a traitor to progressiveness, which is probably a bad way to think in an election, seeing as most of the country doesn't! Most of them, it seems would rather not have to vote because Sanders isn't on the ballot. You know politics is a mess when you can't tell whether the gutter sniping is coming from a candidate's opposition or their own party!

Yeah I see your point and the stats Mr_Nobody put up do support it. It's a huge risk though. Unless nature takes its course, the last thing Harris would want is to only get a maximum of a term and a half, part of which will be putting out the fires of whatever fiasco Biden leaves behind. If she got in at half time, the damage to her reputation could be irreparable come an election 2 years later. Then the Dems have burned their best candidate in the field on a hapless trojan horse, when they could have just done it properly. Needs common sense to put all that together though...

Well, not every meme is good. I just grabbed the first few I could find.

Yes, funnily enough I was going to compare the Dems with our own Labour party. Extreme left wingers sabotaging the relative  centrists/moderates that might actually stand a chance of being elected.

I' not sure Harris is classed as the best candidate. Tim Pool and his crew suspect that Biden and Harris are being thrown to the wolves simply because the Dems don't think they have a chance this time around. Biden is obviously on his last legs and Harris won't be popular with progressives. The Dems have to put up candidates but there's no point wasting someone who might be useful and stand a chance in 4 years time.