Yildiz pro sporter - anyone got one?

gsalmons

Hi all

My mate is looking at starting up - I've told him the fit is everything and recommended the usual browning  / beretta 

However, he's seen the Yildiz at around £1500 for a new gun/warranty with exceptional wood! 

I've never shot one or seen one at my local ground, hence the question to the forum if it's something to consider, or follow my advice with a tried & tested maker

Must admit, I've seen pics online and some of the wood puts my 725 black to shame!

Thanks in advance,

Yep my son has one. Loves it. Shoots great and no problems. Must have put a thousand through it. Terrific wood as you say.  Seems to be mechanically just as good as his many other more expensive guns. I would certainly go for one but I prefer a lighter gun. I would say if it fits go for it.

If he buys one make sure that it is the latest model with the palm swell and adjustable comb. There are guns out there which are new but not the latest Pro Black, I bought one in May and found the build quality very good and the overall finish was excellent.

But it kicked me a fair bit and I found that I did not like the grip so it went.

Spares are cheap, I bought two extended chokes for it £20 each, through Malmo Guns which is where I bought it from.

Old model

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/yildiz/over-under/12-gauge/pro-black-200110155950004

New model

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/yildiz/over-under/12-gauge/pro-adjustable-stock-grade-4-200710133609005

The angle of the grip is more like a clay gun on the new version, the older one is more of a game style grip.

I have shot the standard Yilditz o/u 410 now for four seasons and it has been brilliant.  I looked at the top of the range model with all the engraving and posh stock at the Shooting Show and it handled exactly the same.  Nice gun indeed but I decided I would spend the extra on cartridges and stick with what I had. 

I like the new one,  almost identical to the perazzi in looks.. and a lot cheaper. 

They seem to have a good rating too.. I think from the turkish makers ATA, KOFS etc these are at the top by a long shot... 

To add my son has had a .410 for 10 years... nice gun, still working.. 

I had a 20 and 28 bores which I used for instruction and they were still going strong when I sold them. Other Instructors that I know, bought a variation of other Turkish guns for the same purpose, suffice it to say they have all got rid of them for one reason or another. Those with the Yildiz guns, still have them. The local clay ground has a few that are used as 'club' guns and they have been trouble free after many thousands of rounds.

9 minutes ago, Westley said:

I had a 20 and 28 bores which I used for instruction and they were still going strong when I sold them. Other Instructors that I know, bought a variation of other Turkish guns for the same purpose, suffice it to say they have all got rid of them for one reason or another. Those with the Yildiz guns, still have them. The local clay ground has a few that are used as 'club' guns and they have been trouble free after many thousands of rounds.

The pro sporter is a very different animal than the other Yildiz guns they are ok (I’ve got them in 410 and 28 bore for instruction) they don’t last as well as some brands but then cost considerably less, they are better built than others that cost the same. 

The pro sporter is a competition gun and will take the abuse. 

12 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

The pro sporter is a very different animal than the other Yildiz guns they are ok (I’ve got them in 410 and 28 bore for instruction) they don’t last as well as some brands but then cost considerably less, they are better built than others that cost the same. 

What's your thoughts on the build quality? Value for money?

1 hour ago, button said:

I know you are asking the question of Mr warrior but my son and I consider his Yildiz pro is mechanically on par with any other gun we own "Browning and Beretta"

The woodwork is far superior.

24 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

I know you are asking the question of Mr warrior but my son and I consider his Yildiz pro is mechanically on par with any other gun we own "Browning and Beretta"

The woodwork is far superior.

Great, good to know

Appreciate that

Thanks

8 hours ago, button said:

I think they are bang on for the money please don’t expect a £1000 Perazzi etc but £1500 I’d say the couple I’ve looked at have be equal the over good new guns at that price. 

If they bring out a 20 bore I’ll be ordering one.  

Edited by welshwarrior

23 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

Yes I know, I have handled one but never shot it. However they do not suit all shooters, judging by the used one that has appeared in the local gun shop.

5 minutes ago, Westley said:

Yes I know, I have handled one but never shot it. However they do not suit all shooters, judging by the used one that has appeared in the local gun shop.

I did note there is a number of s/h ones appearing, would hate to think of the p/x price that was given

On 09/08/2020 at 18:50, BlaserF3 said:

If he buys one make sure that it is the latest model with the palm swell and adjustable comb. There are guns out there which are new but not the latest Pro Black, I bought one in May and found the build quality very good and the overall finish was excellent.

But it kicked me a fair bit and I found that I did not like the grip so it went.

Spares are cheap, I bought two extended chokes for it £20 each, through Malmo Guns which is where I bought it from.

Old model

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/yildiz/over-under/12-gauge/pro-black-200110155950004

New model

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/yildiz/over-under/12-gauge/pro-adjustable-stock-grade-4-200710133609005

The angle of the grip is more like a clay gun on the new version, the older one is more of a game style grip.

Was it the original version that you had ,or the better stock shape?

18 minutes ago, BlaserF3 said:

It was the latest version of the Pro Black with the newer stock shape, I've had  a Kemen and a Renato Gamba which are very similar but I just did not like it at all.

Thanks for that,it looks a good shape but its how the whole gun comes together that matters!