Yildiz pro sporter - anyone got one?

gsalmons

On 09/08/2020 at 17:15, gsalmons said:

Hi all

My mate is looking at starting up - I've told him the fit is everything and recommended the usual browning  / beretta 

However, he's seen the Yildiz at around £1500 for a new gun/warranty with exceptional wood! 

I've never shot one or seen one at my local ground, hence the question to the forum if it's something to consider, or follow my advice with a tried & tested maker

Must admit, I've seen pics online and some of the wood puts my 725 black to shame!

Thanks in advance,

Just tell him when the time comes to sell/px a Yildiz be prepared to give it away.

59 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Just tell him when the time comes to sell/px a Yildiz be prepared to give it away.

That really is great news. You have obviously seen these used Yildiz Pro Sport at amazing  prices. Or perhaps know someone trying to sell one at give away prices.

A link would be appreciated

On 09/08/2020 at 17:15, gsalmons said:

Hi all

My mate is looking at starting up - I've told him the fit is everything and recommended the usual browning  / beretta 

However, he's seen the Yildiz at around £1500 for a new gun/warranty with exceptional wood! 

I've never shot one or seen one at my local ground, hence the question to the forum if it's something to consider, or follow my advice with a tried & tested maker

Must admit, I've seen pics online and some of the wood puts my 725 black to shame!

Thanks in advance,

A sure-fire way to sell a cheaply made gun to somebody who knows very little about guns is to put some pretty wood on it.

59 minutes ago, London Best said:

A sure-fire way to sell a cheaply made gun to somebody who knows very little about guns is to put some pretty wood on it.

You need to do a bit more research on the Yildiz Pro before you post such a sweeping statement which is untrue😲

1 hour ago, BlaserF3 said:

That's the internet for you, who knows the truth, I could say "I have this car in the garage and an expensive gun" but who really knows?

I think from what I have seen they look absolutely cracking for the money, I also note The Gun Shop, have used it as a base for a model they are marketing 

4 hours ago, London Best said:

Utter rubbish

21 minutes ago, button said:

I think from what I have seen they look absolutely cracking for the money, I also note The Gun Shop, have used it as a base for a model they are marketing 

Utter rubbish

Yep they are a cheaply made gun. Perfectly adequate and fit for purpose. But compared with a gun which you have paid three months wages for a skilled worker to finish the stock, and similar for an engraver they are cheaply made. I have not yet seen a bad review on this gun,

I am still waiting for the information on where we can buy them used for peanuts.

3 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Yep they are a cheaply made gun. Perfectly adequate and fit for purpose. But compared with a gun which you have paid three months wages for a skilled worker to finish the stock, and similar for an engraver they are cheaply made. I have not yet seen a bad review on this gun,

I am still waiting for the information on where we can buy them used for peanuts.

Loads for peanuts on Gun Trader £1300-£1500  massive drop from new price.  😜

6 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

Show me the cheap ones that are bought and sold for peanuts?

Just got back from the clay ground. Also has a great gun shop. Sold one second hand ,the latest model, with adjustable stock and best grade wood and got £2,000 for it Has another one for £1,600 same gun with standard stock. They sell well.

46 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Just got back from the clay ground. Also has a great gun shop. Sold one second hand ,the latest model, with adjustable stock and best grade wood and got £2,000 for it Has another one for £1,600 same gun with standard stock. They sell well.

Not sure £2000 is peanuts for a used gun costing around £2000 new 🤔.

please could someone show me a pro sport selling for peanuts if it’s 30” I’ll buy it as a coaching gun. 

2 hours ago, gsalmons said:

DUNKS - what ground was the gun at please? I'm in Derbyshire and my mate in Notts so may take him to view etc if its localish!

Thanks

Lakeside sporting. They do have a website, Simon the owner is a smashing guy. But be careful he's also a good salesman. Jamie runs the gunshop.

• 10 months later...
On 11/08/2020 at 16:49, welshwarrior said:

I think they are bang on for the money please don’t expect a £1000 Perazzi etc but £1500 I’d say the couple I’ve looked at have be equal the over good new guns at that price. 

If they bring out a 20 bore I’ll be ordering one.  

I see the 20 is out now have you had a chance to look over one?

27 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

Not yet. I’m not shooting for a bit as I’ve broken my back earlier in the year, when I’m back pulling the trigger properly I’l be having a look.  

Has anyone else had ago?

Sorry to hear that, hope your on the mend

Atb

With regard to cheap s/h models. a new £1500 gun is carrying 20% VAT, plus the dealers margin so I doubt if he's going to give more than £1000 for a used one  -  if that.

If you p/x then the actual price can get hidden by the margin he has in the one you're buying. Hence all these stories about being given the same price you paid for the gun originally.

Dealers have rent and wages to pay so the money has to come from somewhere  -  and we all know there's no money in cartridges!