CBD oil [cannabis extract]

islandgun

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about becoming addictive to a drug, A couple of years ago I did my back in, the pain was likes someone sticking a knife in my lower back and twisting it, after a week of pain I eventually went to see the doctor, he diagnosed tendon/muscle damage and prescribed some Co-codamol, well after taking two tablets I was floating and it was love and peace man and the pain just lifted away, I can see why the tablets came with a warning of possible addiction.

47 minutes ago, old'un said:

Talking about becoming addictive to a drug, A couple of years ago I did my back in, the pain was likes someone sticking a knife in my lower back and twisting it, after a week of pain I eventually went to see the doctor, he diagnosed tendon/muscle damage and prescribed some Co-codamol, well after taking two tablets I was floating and it was love and peace man and the pain just lifted away, I can see why the tablets came with a warning of possible addiction.

You must have got the 30/500s. Be wary of them, not because of the addiction but because the high codeine content can dry out your bowel. Happened to me after throat surgery and I didn't kack for 8 days. Toilet looked like a murder scene or a Labour ward after I finally got it out! Was walking like a giraffe having a drink afterwards 🤣

1 hour ago, old'un said:

I take them if I can't sleep, yes don't use them for more then 3 consecutive days it warns on the box. 

Iv'e been waking up at 2 am and not getting back to sleep and asked the doc for sleeping tablets, took one and had a great nights sleep then repeated, after a few days i cut the tab in half, but found i was becoming tired during the day [zombie]  so knocked them on the head, trying herbal remedies with mixed results, 

19 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

You must have got the 30/500s. Be wary of them, not because of the addiction but because the high codeine content can dry out your bowel. Happened to me after throat surgery and I didn't kack for 8 days. Toilet looked like a murder scene or a Labour ward after I finally got it out! Was walking like a giraffe having a drink afterwards 🤣

i was taking them with nerve blockers for two months last year , the first few days were ok , then the mild hallucinations started , all normal stuff like goldfish in the toilet bowl , being able to understand what the birds in the trees were saying , and yellow tunnel vision when i was in the car . i was aware of the toilet issues , so i ate loads of fruit and veg , and half a tin of prunes every day . the biggest problem that i had , was getting weepy whilst watching loose women , it was most unnerving :lookaround:. 

46 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Iv'e been waking up at 2 am and not getting back to sleep and asked the doc for sleeping tablets, took one and had a great nights sleep then repeated, after a few days i cut the tab in half, but found i was becoming tired during the day [zombie]  so knocked them on the head, trying herbal remedies with mixed results, 

Only thing I ever found to help me with sleeping is valium/diazipam . And even then it can take a hell of a lot. 

Thing is I can't get to sleep until at least midnight, most nights about 1-2am and get up at 6am or 4am as this morning then feel **** all day. When I gave up smoking it was even worse. 

My misses gets to sleep with a crystal/ugly *** rock on her forehead, maybe that's why im awake most nights as I can't stop laughing 

I ended up on the co-codamol 30/500 and naproxen after I did my back in last Christmas. No hallucinations, just instant knockout after each dose, which ended just before the next dose. My niece and great-niece came to visit and I don’t remember them being there. Took days for the fogginess to disappear.

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

so its full circle back to cannabis?

19 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Reading this thread I thought it would concern me to take mind altering drugs with weapons in the house, but then I cracked open a cold beer and relaxed. 

I was allowed to drive on valium, tramadol and co codamol. Can tell you now they have never made me see nothing out the ordinary.

4 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I was allowed to drive on valium, tramadol and co codamol. Can tell you now they have never made me see nothing out the ordinary.

Same here, apparently I would make a useless junkie due to a high tolerance of opiates...

Ora-morph didn’t even have the desired effect.

30 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Same here, apparently I would make a useless junkie due to a high tolerance of opiates...

Ora-morph didn’t even have the desired effect.

Same here it was like calpol without the nice taste! And I've never had the slightest leanings towards getting hooked on codeine. I have to be quite sore to take it otherwise it makes me feel sick. Whiskey however is good pain killer - drink one large glass of whiskey, if it still hurts after a large glass of whiskey repeat step one 😂

If I have a bad night with my back, I take 2 Zapain on an empty stomach and stay in bed for a while, after 15 minutes i'm either not quite right ( a bit light headed ) or i realise I don't hurt anymore. Zapain are 30/500 the same as co-codamol. I've also just started CBD for my screws, but haven't taken it long enough to see any benefit yet.

Edited by tonker

I usually take one Zapain 30/500 at night to dull down my arthritis. It doesn't make me sleepy though it just dulls things down enough so the arthritis doesn't  keep me awake. If I can't sleep I take Melatonin 2mg, that usually helps me sleep.

I tried CBD oil and it did help for a while, but then became less effective, so I stopped taking it as I didn't  want to increase the dose.

About 8 or so years ago I had surgery to reconnect some tendons and nerves in my hand. The hospital gave me paracetamol. It didn't touch the sides and my hand felt like it was on fire. I went to the gp and she proscribed a brown tablet saying 2 tabs 3 times a day. 

I took 1 too gauge the effect. I remember a warm fuzzy feeling starting in my toes and moving up my body before the sofa gave me a cuddle. I remember nothing else for about 12 hours until the wife came home. I only took 1 more after that when i was nearly in tears with the pain. 101 tablets went in the loo. Christ knows what they were.

7 hours ago, team tractor said:

I’m surprised how many are taking tablets for back pain. Stop masking the problem and fix it with a chiropractor or sports massage. I’ve never looked back . 

A sports massage does do wonders and they're not expensive...its the extras that cost 😉😂

It seems to work a treat BUT a minefield of strengths and a lot of profiteering within the business so shop carefully

9 hours ago, team tractor said:

I’m surprised how many are taking tablets for back pain. Stop masking the problem and fix it with a chiropractor or sports massage. I’ve never looked back . 

I did the full circle pain killers + drink, docs, hopitals, chiropractors, an array of lotions and potions and found a balance of exercise and resting but no sitting for long periods is by far the best answer