CBD oil [cannabis extract]

islandgun

6 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

A sports massage does do wonders and they're not expensive...its the extras that cost 😉😂

🤣 must of missed that bit

3 hours ago, mgsontour said:

It seems to work a treat BUT a minefield of strengths and a lot of profiteering within the business so shop carefully

I did the full circle pain killers + drink, docs, hopitals, chiropractors, an array of lotions and potions and found a balance of exercise and resting but no sitting for long periods is by far the best answer

I changed chiropractor and I feel great . Loosing 3st helped too. My backs worn out but I’ve changed lots of things in my life . Inc the wife 🤣

Edited by team tractor

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, team tractor said:

I’m surprised how many are taking tablets for back pain. Stop masking the problem and fix it with a chiropractor or sports massage. I’ve never looked back . 

That's ok for you to say, I chucked £1500 at a series of bone crunchers and sports injury physios, After the doc said we don't do backs on nhs. I went back and told him what I'd spent and that he does do backs now. He sent me for scans and xrays and it turned out they wanted to fuse the lower  part of my back with a cradle. then I got a rollicking for not using my knees when I bent down. I said look at my history as you've rebuilt both of them and they won't take the bending, hence the screws both metal and arthritic in my knees, and that's why I take pain killers

3 hours ago, tonker said:

That's ok for you to say, I chucked £1500 at a series of bone crunchers and sports injury physios, After the doc said we don't do backs on nhs. I went back and told him what I'd spent and that he does do backs now. He sent me for scans and xrays and it turned out they wanted to fuse the lower  part of my back with a cradle. then I got a rollicking for not using my knees when I bent down. I said look at my history as you've rebuilt both of them and they won't take the bending, hence the screws both metal and arthritic in my knees, and that's why I take pain killers

It is easy for me to say. I’m over £1500 easy in bills but I was living on painkillers before this . 
The majority of people just use them because they’re there and don’t look into the cause. I’m your case you’ve obviously offer issues .

I’m the worlds greatest sceptic when it comes to things like cbd oil and the like so when my pal recommended it to ease my hip problem I took it in the belief that it wasn’t going to work and it was a gesture ...three drops under the tongue , hold it there as long as you can then swallow , it tastes disgusting . Repeated twice more , Twenty four hours later as I was hobbling up stairs the pain stopped , and I mean just like a switch had been flicked the pain switched off .Noticable after several weeks of constant pain and on a diet of anti  inflammatories and pain killers I was converted .I carried on taking the oil for two months before stopping , the pain never returned for close on fifthteen months , I immediately started the oil again with the same result , although this time  I stopped taking it after just a week ...four months on and the hip joint hasn’t flared up again ..

The nurfen and paracetamol I was taking was having a seriously bad effect on me and doing very little in relation to easing the pain ,much less so than when I was taking it daily in quite large doses a few years ago to keep me mobile whilst waiting for a full knee replacement .I wonder if you build up some sort of immunity to these drugs and require more and more to feel any effect . At the time I was taking two nurfen and two paracetamol four times a day minimum , five years later when the hip started playing up I started taking the same dose but this time it didn’t work and I had the side effects .CBD oil worked for me ..

It's funny how pain killers affect some and not others, my mate was prescribed naproxen after an accident and it used to knock him for 6, I couldn't even tell I'd taken it.

They've given me various ones to try over the last 14 months but nothing has ever made me feel 'hooked', just sick. 

Edited by Farmboy91

11 hours ago, moose man said:

I’m the worlds greatest sceptic when it comes to things like cbd oil and the like so when my pal recommended it to ease my hip problem I took it in the belief that it wasn’t going to work and it was a gesture ...three drops under the tongue , hold it there as long as you can then swallow , it tastes disgusting . Repeated twice more , Twenty four hours later as I was hobbling up stairs the pain stopped , and I mean just like a switch had been flicked the pain switched off .Noticable after several weeks of constant pain and on a diet of anti  inflammatories and pain killers I was converted .I carried on taking the oil for two months before stopping , the pain never returned for close on fifthteen months , I immediately started the oil again with the same result , although this time  I stopped taking it after just a week ...four months on and the hip joint hasn’t flared up again ..

The nurfen and paracetamol I was taking was having a seriously bad effect on me and doing very little in relation to easing the pain ,much less so than when I was taking it daily in quite large doses a few years ago to keep me mobile whilst waiting for a full knee replacement .I wonder if you build up some sort of immunity to these drugs and require more and more to feel any effect . At the time I was taking two nurfen and two paracetamol four times a day minimum , five years later when the hip started playing up I started taking the same dose but this time it didn’t work and I had the side effects .CBD oil worked for me ..

Thanks for the info folks

moose man do you have a brand name please

20 hours ago, Scully said:

I didn’t realise there were so many gun toting druggies around; makes for interesting reading! 😀

Haha. I think many people would be amazed at the number of people they meet in their daily life who are stoned or high on pain killers. People who don't do drugs tend to compare the effects to being drunk, probably because that's all they know.  However, the reality is that many addicts can function completely normally in day to day life and the effects are nothing like being drunk.

30 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Haha. I think many people would be amazed at the number of people they meet in their daily life who are stoned or high on pain killers. People who don't do drugs tend to compare the effects to being drunk, probably because that's all they know.  However, the reality is that many addicts can function completely normally in day to day life and the effects are nothing like being drunk.

👍 I was prescribed beta blockers for anxiety attacks many many moons ago. I took a couple and felt indestructible and on such a high that I didn’t take any more. Felt fantastic, but scary stuff when I sat down and thought about it. I can easily see how people get addicted. 
I gave them to my sister who had failed 12 driving tests ( I kid you not ) but she didn’t fail the 13th!  😀

16 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Worth having a look at this site and the associated brands.   https://www.thecmcuk.org/members

Probably as close to a regulated list of suppliers as we will see until next year.

Cheers grr, great info sadly the company that i "scored" from dont appear in your list, however i will persist with this bottle and see if there is any improvement.

https://theoriginalalternativeofficial.com/about-us/?v=58e69a293e3d

Edited by islandgun

On 09/08/2020 at 17:27, islandgun said:

My neighbour was very ill last year and now takes prescription CBD  he seems very happy and full of life, so ive ordered some..😄 

any negatives/positives ?

My daughter, after watching a programme last night on c4 about migraines,  has today ordered a 30 day trial for herself and me as we both suffer from migraines. We can only but try it, nowt else seems to work.

2 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

My daughter, after watching a programme last night on c4 about migraines,  has today ordered a 30 day trial for herself and me as we both suffer from migraines. We can only but try it, nowt else seems to work.

I genuinely go to the chiropractor for migraines. I also noticed chocolate is a trigger

14 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I genuinely go to the chiropractor for migraines. I also noticed chocolate is a trigger

😂 Seriously I used to get my mate to 'snap/twist/jerk' my neck/head for me when I had migraines for years, when it used to 'snap/crunch' all this clear fluid used to come pouring out my nose. Instant relief for weeks. Highly recommended, maybe from a professional tho 

7 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

😂 Seriously I used to get my mate to 'snap/twist/jerk' my neck/head for me when I had migraines for years, when it used to 'snap/crunch' all this clear fluid used to come pouring out my nose. Instant relief for weeks. Highly recommended, maybe from a professional tho 

🤣🤣🤣 maybe explains your texts 🤣

30 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

How much does your mate charge? Not keen on the fluid down me nose bit though😁😁😁

49 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Yes dark chocolate, salmon and some others guaranteed to get a migraine 👍👍

On 09/08/2020 at 17:56, old'un said:

Talking about becoming addictive to a drug, A couple of years ago I did my back in, the pain was likes someone sticking a knife in my lower back and twisting it, after a week of pain I eventually went to see the doctor, he diagnosed tendon/muscle damage and prescribed some Co-codamol, well after taking two tablets I was floating and it was love and peace man and the pain just lifted away, I can see why the tablets came with a warning of possible addiction.

I'm sure this is relevant for some: Years ago I did my back in. Won't go into the hows or whys but after a couple of days I found it really hard to find a position where I could sleep. Eventually I slept but the problem go worse every day. I'm no wimp but by the fourth day I was exhausted and putting my body in all sorts of positions to escape from the pain to no avail. at about 2.00am it was so bad I had my partner call the Doctor. He came and stuck a needle in my **** and the pain disappeared instantly. I said "Christ that must've been some pain killer". He said " Not a pain killer, A muscle relaxant". Moral of the story? You might not need the level of pain relief that you think. It could be your body being so frightened of that terrible pain that it's tensing up so much that it's actually causing the pain.

3 hours ago, toxo said:

I'm sure this is relevant for some: Years ago I did my back in. Won't go into the hows or whys but after a couple of days I found it really hard to find a position where I could sleep. Eventually I slept but the problem go worse every day. I'm no wimp but by the fourth day I was exhausted and putting my body in all sorts of positions to escape from the pain to no avail. at about 2.00am it was so bad I had my partner call the Doctor. He came and stuck a needle in my **** and the pain disappeared instantly. I said "Christ that must've been some pain killer". He said " Not a pain killer, A muscle relaxant". Moral of the story? You might not need the level of pain relief that you think. It could be your body being so frightened of that terrible pain that it's tensing up so much that it's actually causing the pain.

Muscle spasm is one reason why some GP’s simply prescribe anti inflammatories; best one I ever had was Arthrotek. Once the surrounding muscles had relaxed, the ‘tight’ one could start to relax too, and work again. That’s the theory anyhow, I was told. 

52 minutes ago, Scully said:

Muscle spasm is one reason why some GP’s simply prescribe anti inflammatories; best one I ever had was Arthrotek. Once the surrounding muscles had relaxed, the ‘tight’ one could start to relax too, and work again. That’s the theory anyhow, I was told. 

You are correct Scully, the arthrotek which was prescribed for you is a strong NSAID (diclofenac non steroidal anti inflammatory) low back pain accounts for one of the most significant proportions of consultations in general practice. If the muscle is impinging on the lumbar/sacral nerves this can result in radiculothopy (sciatica) and the common symptoms which accompany the pain are muscle weakness, spasms and altered sensation.

In low back pain without radiculothopy I usually prescribe naproxen if safe to do so and cover the patient with oral omeprazole also which gives gastric protection from the nsaid. If the patient presents with low back pain with radiculothopy adding in a adjunct muscle relaxant low dose diazepam three times daily for up to five days is indicated and in most cases very helpful.

If nsaids are contraindicated in the patient, codeine is a useful alternative, paracetamol alone is not indicated and is of poor efficacy alone in presentation with back pain. If the radiculothopy symptoms are not controlled a trial of amitriptyline, gabapentin or pregabalin for managing neuropathic pain can be effective. Topical nsaid gels, prescription capsicum cream, heat pads, physiotherapy, exercise can also help and keeping moving is probably one of the most important aspects. 

Acute non specific back pain usually resolves within a few weeks, acute radiculothpy/sciatica for most cases resolves within 4-6 weeks. Chronic back pain  may require the aforementioned and CBT (cognitive behavioural therapies) if cognitive behavioural barriers to treatments arise, back pain has many causes and surgery is an option in some cases but is usually a far end option when other treatment have failed. 

atb

7diaw