CBD oil [cannabis extract]

islandgun

Thankyou. As an aside, at 21 I suffered a sports injury which lingered for over 30 years. I had several treatments over the years but was once sent to local hospital as an outpatient for a series of three injections at the base of my spine ( lumbar ?) but they were so painful I couldn’t go through with the third. It felt as if my lower back was being filled with air and the pressure was unbearable. Do you have any idea what they might have been? 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Thankyou. As an aside, at 21 I suffered a sports injury which lingered for over 30 years. I had several treatments over the years but was once sent to local hospital as an outpatient for a series of three injections at the base of my spine ( lumbar ?) but they were so painful I couldn’t go through with the third. It felt as if my lower back was being filled with air and the pressure was unbearable. Do you have any idea what they might have been? 

I suspect they would have been a corticosteroid injections, usually given a couple of months apart depending on site, not indicated for for more than 3 injections in 12 months around same site. These are a man made medicine which mimic the natural steroid hormones produce by the body and help by reducing inflammation. 

I hope they worked for you, some individuals get near instant relief within hours up to short days and the effects of these wear off after a few months, Sometimes they are of no benefit at all.

6 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

I suspect they would have been a corticosteroid injections, usually given a couple of months apart depending on site, not indicated for for more than 3 injections in 12 months around same site. These are a man made medicine which mimic the natural steroid hormones produce by the body and help by reducing inflammation. 

I hope they worked for you, some individuals get near instant relief within hours up to short days and the effects of these wear off after a few months, Sometimes they are of no benefit at all.

Thanks again. I had the three ( well, two anyhow ) within an hour. Perhaps they would have worked had I not refused the third, but they had no effect. 
I was probably told at the time what they were, but it was such a long time ago I can’t recall. Thanks anyhow. 👍

On 14/08/2020 at 23:43, 7daysinaweek said:

Steroids are/can be an amazing thing.  The first two I had for RA were genuinely almost instant in the relief and attendant quality of life improvement for months.  Since then i’ve had numerous interarticular and intramuscular jabs that have done heehaw.

Even watching the jab being placed into the joint cavity (Knee and wrist) on ultrasound over 3 occasions and using 3 different steroids and it did nothing and i resigned myself to the fact that sometimes stuff just don't happen.

Frustratingly i’ve had to come to terms with the **** happens maxim, 7 months ago i was set to do 7 major fitasc/sporting championships across 5 continents In 2020, but now i cant even pick up the gun.  That’s not even considering covid.

Live life while you can and all that...

17 hours ago, grrclark said:

Steroids are/can be an amazing thing.  The first two I had for RA were genuinely almost instant in the relief and attendant quality of life improvement for months.  Since then i’ve had numerous interarticular and intramuscular jabs that have done heehaw.

Even watching the jab being placed into the joint cavity (Knee and wrist) on ultrasound over 3 occasions and using 3 different steroids and it did nothing and i resigned myself to the fact that sometimes stuff just don't happen.

Frustratingly i’ve had to come to terms with the **** happens maxim, 7 months ago i was set to do 7 major fitasc/sporting championships across 5 continents In 2020, but now i cant even pick up the gun.  That’s not even considering covid.

A verbal "hear,hear!" if you were in the room.

May I wish you all the best and you will get back to it.

21 hours ago, grrclark said:

Thats hard ! .......but agree with your conclusion

3 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

A verbal "hear,hear!" if you were in the room.

May I wish you all the best and you will get back to it.

seconded 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, NorfolkAYA said:

Is there different oils ford different things? 

Example is there a different oil you should use for anxiety as opposed to muscle pain? 

Yes, the cbd extracts come from different strains of plants.  Typically sativa is more about energising and alertness while indica strains are more relaxing and mellowing.

You often see them described as green (sativa) or purple (indica).  Both have pain relief and anti-inflammatory properties.

ok CBD oil      this is seriously something i am looking into after hodckins lymphoma  in 2011  treated by r chop every three weeks 8 treatments out of max 9  left from 2nd treatment with neuropathy  and then fibromyalgia  (stiffening of muscles and all over body pain lack of sleep no more than two hrs undisturbed sleep    exhausted all the time wake up more tired than went to bed as when resting my body nervous system thinks its broken  hence get adrenalin shots all night  long  its a bit light being frightened when asleep  ) not pleasant  been on all of the antidepressants  supposedly to help   but  caused way more problems  than fix    been on fentanyl up to 180mgh  patched  really nasty synthetic herein really nasty  used for end of life  palliative care took a year to get over this      been on zapain 500   for a year and they have stopped this         a jibber jabber with doctor next week     it takes the edge off in the morning  after a red hot shower to loosen mussels  then pain relief for a few hours  to get moving  and at night before bedtime two or three hrs then downstairs until exhausted sleep for an hour or two wide awake       way   more tired than went to bed       i know cbd oil helps with cancer treatments and alongside cancer treatments as friends should be dead years past and are still taking and still about      however        after care on on neuropathy and fibromyalgia  any advise welcome             also done the lidocaine infusions  only lasted app three weeks  then my body had to get used to the pain all over again not good       i was a sole trader for over  30 yrs  no sick pay               any advise welcome         doctors are happy with synthetic opioids  been there  done that           i am not        a sleeping tablet no            an anti depressant as many as you like     pill pushing types       as nothing previously worked without causing way more problems than fixing       willing to try natural pain relief  ( anything  considered )  

Saltings, the problem with CBD products is that they are not medically regulated so it is against the law for people to give 'medical' advice, however there are herbalists who can make suggestions about what you could try and they can also give guidance if there are any contra-indications with medicine that you are currently taking.

It is not a miracle cure as some would have us believe, but for a great many there is benefits to be had.

I appreciate herbalists and the like sounds terribly hippy and new worldish, however so long as you consider things in the round and with a healthy dose of realism and that there is no magic bullet cure all.

A link was put up earlier in the thread to CBD Brothers (The Orignal Alternative), from their site they will direct you a facebook group where you can get a bit more info on which of their products might be worth a try.

must be a wuss as had bad hip pain so got prescribed Zapain, christ only had one and it knocked me for six,felt really sick on em so didn't take another.

not much chance of me becoming a druggie :).

sisters going to try the CBD oil for pain she gets with CMT.

Edited by Remimax

On 07/09/2020 at 19:25, Remimax said:

must be a wuss as had bad hip pain so got prescribed Zapain, christ only had one and it knocked me for six,felt really sick on em so didn't take another.

not much chance of me becoming a druggie .

sisters going to try the CBD oil for pain she gets with CMT.

not a wuss by any means       i take two in the morning and two before bed       once moving sort of ok      mind ocupied  dont take any more            now if having a tooth taken out  4 or 5 shots of lidocane  within an hour     tooth remved  grab the door handle on the way out im on my own     all gone      pain there and then    years ago numb for hours       chemo ******* up your nervous scystem         may be old age 🤣   sometimes lifes a bitch

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Tramadol certainly works for me - on the 2 occasions that I have taken it, it stopped my heart beating both times - certainly made me forget the pain though.

An ex girlfriend gave me a Tramadol once for a headache. I thought it was a paracetamol, definitely got rid of the headache.

On 17/09/2020 at 15:14, martinj said:

I took it once, any activity made me feel sick so I laid down and started daydreaming grey and white images

a customers mrs takes longtec  a type of morpheme for fibromyalgia about 6 a day    i had 3 over 3 days didnt wake up for 22 hrs on the last one supposed to have one morning and night i did mornings only             he played golf at the weekend  sore back at 4am going to work at jlr took two in the dark from the wrong blister pack  longteck  by 11am spannered by 12 taken home put to bed and lost two days of his life       never again        some meds cause more trouble than they are worth  my 10p         steroids while going through chemo were the dogs danglies  friday chemo      sunday clays looked like dustbin lids crisp and clear missed nout  a week later no steroids clays looked like a 3ft ball of wool with a tail  or an  orange cloud  could not focus  or hit a barn door with a banjo if locked inside      i dont like taking aspirin and i dont like doctors     you get a bad one life can be worse     had  one tell me i was asthmatic after month inc winter coughing up blood         a different doctor  copd treatment  all good to date 

a saying in Ireland  doctors differ and patients die         true dat

On 09/08/2020 at 20:47, strimmer_13 said:

I was allowed to drive on valium, tramadol and co codamol. Can tell you now they have never made me see nothing out the ordinary.

I was on Tramadol for shoulder/knee arthritis, until my GP refused to prescribe any more (I only took 2, twice a week at the most) and was then prescribed Co Codamol 30/500. Apart from numbing the pain (not 100% though) I'm lucky not to get any side effects (including the Tramadol)

Edited by steve_b_wales

28 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I was on Tramadol for shoulder/knee arthritis, until my GP refused to prescribe any more (I only took 2, twice a week at the most) and was then prescribed Co Codamol 30/500. Apart from numbing the pain (not 100% though) I'm lucky not to get any side effects (including the Tramadol)

Ive got back and shoulder problems, the joys of being built like a giraffe. 30/500 worked good, and like you I was only allowed a few weeks at a time incase I got addicted. Tramadol gives me a bit of a headache, and dehydrated me so I didn't bother much with them. I love valium, it was a god send when my muscles spazemed that much I struggled to breath. Plus I slept again! Zapain was just another form of Co codamol. 

Thankfully since giving up carpet fitting, I've not had much problems but I'm sympathetic to anybody that has to take these things full time. I remember sitting in a pub and a guy in there snapped his back and was still in quite a mess after a very serious forestry accident years ago. He was so stoned, he sat there and asked if I'd just seen that plane fly right through the moon. I was in stitches, but he was a guy in his early 40s, intelligent, not a **** head, completely dependant on pills just to move. Must of been ****. 

After trying Gabapentin, Pregabalin, Fentanyl patches and Tramadol, I decided to stick to the Tramadol, as it gave me better results without the side effects and sickly feeling. Early last year, my back pain became so bad, I was prescribed MST morphne and Oramorph as a top up, it's a medication that I will never take again, after 6 weeks, my pain felt much worse and my mood was at rock bottom, it got to the point were I realised I had to get off it or I'd be booking a one way ticket to a Swiss clinic, so I stopped and went back onto Tramadol.

Just over 2 weeks ago, I found a place in South Gosforth, Newcastle that supplied CBD oil and related products, so I made a phone call, had a very good conversation with the owner and the following day (4th September), I drove over and after another chat/consultation, I bought some CBD HQ oil. It's the 2,000mg option with 20%HQ (Hydroxy Quinone). It wasn't cheap at £129.50 for 20mm, but I take 2 drops under the tongue, 2-3 times a day and I have to admit, I've only taken 1 Tramadol since.  The owner told me, that because of the type of pain I was in, it would be wise to keep taking the tramadol for a couple of days, to allow the oil to get into my system, I took a Tramadol before bed on the Friday and haven't had one since. Taking 6 drops a day, gives me 33 days of treatment, if I can manage on 4 drops per day, it's obviously 50 days, but as anyone with quite chronic pain will tell you, cost is nothing if it helps you get rid of pain.

As this is my first delve into this kind of product and it is expensive, I'm going to do some research and try to find a cheaper alternative, but that offers the same relief.

29 minutes ago, kernel gadaffi said:

After trying Gabapentin, Pregabalin, Fentanyl patches and Tramadol, I decided to stick to the Tramadol, as it gave me better results without the side effects and sickly feeling. Early last year, my back pain became so bad, I was prescribed MST morphne and Oramorph as a top up, it's a medication that I will never take again, after 6 weeks, my pain felt much worse and my mood was at rock bottom, it got to the point were I realised I had to get off it or I'd be booking a one way ticket to a Swiss clinic, so I stopped and went back onto Tramadol.

Just over 2 weeks ago, I found a place in South Gosforth, Newcastle that supplied CBD oil and related products, so I made a phone call, had a very good conversation with the owner and the following day (4th September), I drove over and after another chat/consultation, I bought some CBD HQ oil. It's the 2,000mg option with 20%HQ (Hydroxy Quinone). It wasn't cheap at £129.50 for 20mm, but I take 2 drops under the tongue, 2-3 times a day and I have to admit, I've only taken 1 Tramadol since.  The owner told me, that because of the type of pain I was in, it would be wise to keep taking the tramadol for a couple of days, to allow the oil to get into my system, I took a Tramadol before bed on the Friday and haven't had one since. Taking 6 drops a day, gives me 33 days of treatment, if I can manage on 4 drops per day, it's obviously 50 days, but as anyone with quite chronic pain will tell you, cost is nothing if it helps you get rid of pain.

As this is my first delve into this kind of product and it is expensive, I'm going to do some research and try to find a cheaper alternative, but that offers the same relief.

Check out the link.  cbd brothers ring them first up see which one they recommend 

https://cbdbrothers.com/product-category/cbd-oils/?v=06fa567b72d7