My first foray

Spr1985

On Sunday I finally got out and experienced what I’ve spent a year and a half reading/ learning about and looking at the pictures of.....pigeon shooting and what an awesome experience! not huge numbers by any means, but that’s not what it was about it was all about the education and the experience. Shooting over Osr stubbles the day started with a treck to Norfolk to a friends farm, it was only right that this trip was made with the guy that first put a gun back in my hands after not having picked one up in over 15 years, he helped kick off an addiction to shooting and has now facilitated an entrance into pigeon shooting, he supplied the transport the equipment the education in patern building and the one and only dats (his beauty of a black lab). The day  ended with packing up under a beautiful sunset and a day later I’m still buzzing from the experience and can’t wait to get out again, I shot a few and missed a few but it’s a memory made that will stay with me For quite some time! I now realise exactly why you are all so passionate about why you do. Hopefully I’ll be able to post some more about my outings as they happen and as my experience grows.

48E2B454-6868-4BA2-AC29-DD2AD008071B.jpeg

27CBD89C-1E98-4828-8ECA-C4EAA440908F.jpeg

4F97CD73-9786-4A5E-B175-A9F9A545CFA4.jpeg

02C8770B-9C53-4CEF-B3D5-4640D17FE4C3.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Wilts#Dave said:

Blimey how many shells did you take 😂!! 
Good on you, I’ve been going regularly for the last 20 plus years now and still crave the next day out in the hide.....may seem strange to those who don’t do it, but I’m definitely addicted and have never got bored of going! 

😂🤣 I knew someone would notice, a supply run had been done and everything got emptied out of the truck so that it wasn’t left unattended. But to answer the question, two whole slabs, a half slab and a bag of loose bits and bobs, the slabs where just the right height for putting my feet up when it got a bit quiet 😉, as for addiction....I’m quite sure that that has already set in! I can’t wait to get out again. 

A good and honest write up of your day which obviously has now got you eagerly anticipating your next trip out. Many on here, myself included, are beyond our three score years and ten, but still, I'm sure, get the same buzz from our days in the field that we got when much younger. The enthusiasm does not dwindle, only perhaps the stamina reduces somewhat, (with the exception of PC on here, who, of a similar age, appears to have enough stamina for all of us) but there is always something new to learn with each day out.

You certainly appear to have the right attitude regarding enjoying the whole experience of your first day.

We therefore look forward to further reports and photos of your days in the future.

Many thanks for sharing.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

I got the buzz thanks to this forum and a kind gentleman called Jdog  I can still remember the first kill  only trouble is I’m a full blown addict and crave going out good or bad bags... great report and may the buzz continue 

Edited by Jacko3275