Horse flys

team tractor

I've been using some new(to me,) bug stuff, I'll take a picture later.

We were out on the moors and woods, climbed a waterfall Sunday with bug stuff on and no problems,  didn't put any on Monday out along a river, woods and fields and had two have a go, swotted them off quickly thankfully. 

12 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I've been using some new(to me,) bug stuff, I'll take a picture later.

We were out on the moors and woods, climbed a waterfall Sunday with bug stuff on and no problems,  didn't put any on Monday out along a river, woods and fields and had two have a go, swotted them off quickly thankfully. 

These are off a local bmx track I’ve been riding .

Lavender will smell much better than deet, horrible stuff. Avon skin so soft don't work anymore either.

Horseflies flatten themselves so you can knock them.of as easy. Little evil critters.

Had a mozzie in bedroom last night as I went to sleep couldn't find it to swat, bloody thing found me though had a few extra lumps this morning.

More to the point BMX IMG at your age and predeliction for hurting oneself. 

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

Are you using the 'scalding spoon' technique to treat?

It's a tip I took off here, and it worked a treat on my last one ...

Hi SM

I would not recommend doing that as it only increases the risks of infection, keep it clean and dry, localised itch, topical antihistamine or hydrocortisone cream, several bites oral antihistamine, cold compress and that usually does the job.

atb

7diaw

46 minutes ago, figgy said:

Lavender will smell much better than deet, horrible stuff. Avon skin so soft don't work anymore either.

Horseflies flatten themselves so you can knock them.of as easy. Little evil critters.

Had a mozzie in bedroom last night as I went to sleep couldn't find it to swat, bloody thing found me though had a few extra lumps this morning.

More to the point BMX IMG at your age and predeliction for hurting oneself. 

I over heard the kids asking how old I am to the others 🤣. Almost 40 is still young and still the quickest 

My son is mid twenties he feels old at the BMX track the odd time he goes.

Mountain biking is his thing now with his VW 5.1 transporter camper conversion he's doing.

Doing BMX thing is fine it's the next day when you hurt.

Edited by figgy

Figgy re Avon skin so soft - apparently there are now 2 versions of this and you need to make sure you get the "Original" one. My sister gets it for me and I complained it wasnt working and she checked it with the Avon rep who advised to get the Original one.  Works well with me and I usually get bitten all the time.  Only ones that doesn't seem to bother are the mites I get when down the greenhouse.  Hope this helps all.

Pushkin😎

39 minutes ago, figgy said:

My son is mid twenties he feels old at the BMX track the odd time he goes.

Mountain biking is his thing now with his be transporter camper conversion he's doing.

Doing BMX thing is fine it's the next day when you hurt.

In all fairness I’m on my mtb . It’s 4.5mile each way to it tho . I try to clock 10-15 miles