What’s it eating?

flippermaj

49 minutes ago, flippermaj said:

I was expecting a deep fried mars bar reply from at least some one😀

I had one from the 'chippy' in Castle Douglas just last week as was staying in Carrick for the week. My yearly Scottish fix along with other such delights as red cola, plain bread. square sausage and haggis. Nom, Nom, Nom!

may be a young bird that dosnt know what it is doing .............as you say bizarre...when there is so much other good stuff about 

44 minutes ago, TIDES EDGE said:

Ditchman is correct but as to why it chose to eat it god only knows.

11 hours ago, flippermaj said:

Ditchman,  if you are right the question is why would they eat that when there is plenty of barley wheat and rape seed to eat.  Would seem a strange choice of diet?

39 minutes ago, dodgy dave said:

is that why they eat grass  ?   mine dogs are always at it either grass or the pears off the trees but they dont look contispated ,   i supose thats why

The wink at the end of my post should give you a clue.

59 minutes ago, dodgy dave said:

yea us young uns are learning all the while learning all the while

With regards dogs eating grass, I don’t think anyone really knows why they do it, there’s loads of theories why, boredom, lacking nutrients, worms, etc, or they might just like the taste of it, some dogs will vomit after eating grass.

PS there’s no wink at the end of this post. :)

The trick is to grab them by the base of tail before they know what's happening ;)

Not too close to the base, obviously.  And you need a poo bag or dock leaf already prepared in the other hand before you attack with said grabbing manoeuvre, otherwise you're snookered with only one hand free if you haven't prepared your protection.  The method is to lift the dog slightly so its hind legs are off the ground (the indignity of the whole situation tends to stop them struggling).  Grasp the blade of grass securely but gently - then very gently and slowly pull - but do not be in a hurry otherwise it will snap.  The success of an "all in one" removal depends partly upon which way the blade of grass is pointing - blades of grass have a texture which is smooth one way and rough the other.  Wrong way round and it gets "sphincter grip" which basically means you're trying again in 5 minutes.

I challenge anyone being forced to do this not to pause for a moment and imagine how it physically feels to have blade of grass pulled from your ringpiece by your nominated carer.  Especially "against the grain".  Closest I can get is a tricky encounter with dental floss.

I have to perform this operation quite regularly on my dog springer.  Bitch eats loads of grass all the time and doesn't suffer from it at all - at either end - whereas the dog will yak up within 5 minutes of it hitting his belly.  But if any gets through it's like the old magician's trick with his scarf.....