burger press

peejay

8 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Don't bother with a press. cleaning is a joke. miss one bit, use it again and poison everyone. 

Roll the meat mix into a ball, depending on your prefered burger size, slap it in the frying pan, then sqaush it flat with the spatula. Simples.

Plus one. Round ball squash to thickness and whack it in the pan

The one I have is plastic and the food just falls off it. The burger is pushed out by the plunger.  I don't know what plastic they use but we have a mixing bowl the same and nothing sticks to it and washes clean very easily.    By the way my Granny always said, "You have to eat a peck of dirt before you die".    Doctor wrote in the Daily Telegraph a few days ago that we are too clean these days and the body does not build up any natural resistance. 

I break an egg in the meat which bonds it together.   Ask the Fing Chef he advised it in his youtube video of how to make the very best burger.

Did some Sunday evening for eight friends.... fallow haunch and pheasant breast and smoked streaky bacon, three days in my favorite secret marinade before grinding.  Not a smidgin left on the plate and two requests for seconds.

Edited by Walker570

18 hours ago, peejay said:

going to have a go at some burgers, whats the recomendations on a press? only be doing a few ..thanks

I have a plastic press, works really well and cleans up brilliantly.  The beauty of using a press and paper circles is that you can freeze any spare burgers and separate them easily to cook individually.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, pjw4233 said:

I use a non stick plastic press, have no problems with cleaning. I use Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce to bind the burger. Press is useful for stuffed burgers, if I’m having a bbq I do some stuffed burgers with mozzarella and chillies.

Good Lord man.... now i have to run out and get some Dijon and Worcestershire sauce, I have no choice that just sounds too good in a burger!

I use a cast metal burger press, the kids prefer really thin burgers and they can be the ones that stick and problematic to remove

I have a basic plastic press. 

Hand formed burgers are great if you are cooking there and then but I freeze mine in packs. Presses are useful as you can add a plastic or greaseproof paper disc to stop them sticking together. 

I give a few away to landowners, people who have done me favours etc and a press is good to give a uniform, professional looking finish. 

I don't add anything to help them bind. Just salt and pepper. 

That's with rabbit, pigeon, hare, venison and goose mince. Separately or all mixed together depending on what I have. 

If you can't clean a burger press effectively enough not to poison people. Don't ever do any cooking again. You're a retard.