Night Vision

Sawyet

Morning all, only my second post so be kind!!!!

I am looking for a night vision spotting scope, but it is not for shooting.

I do a lot of night fishing for various species & am looking for something to make identifying features in the dark easier (torch not an option as it would scare the fishes away), no distance involved (5/10m max). I have been looking at various spotting scopes on EvilBay & there seem to be a few around £100-150. My question is are they suitable for what I want, any recommendations for a brand/model would be fantastic, dont need massive clarity just to be able to see rocks/features at close range to drop a worm behind. Sea Trout I am after as been given permission to fish a private stretch of a small spate river that I cannot fish with a fly, but there are a lot of small pockets that hold a fish or two after dark (very wooded so it gets very dark)!

Perhaps the military style unit that you wear on your head and can be flip up out of the way would work. All of the 'spotting' type aids I have seen have been designed for longer distances and of course need your hands to operate and from what you say you will have a rod and maybe a wding stick as well.  Failing that suggest you start eating more carrots.

One handed is not a problem, the distances are so short that a small "flick" is all it needs & use my net handle as a wading stick (hangs on a lanyard by my side). If I eat any more carrots I will look like Bugs Bunny!!!! I did try a set of NV goggles a few years ago, borrowed from a friend who does a lot of security work here & abroad, amazing things but way beyond my budget to catch a couple of Sea Trout.

2 hours ago, Sawyet said:

I did try a set of NV goggles a few years ago, borrowed from a friend who does a lot of security work here & abroad, amazing things but way beyond my budget to catch a couple of Sea Trout.

Ive got a set of NV 'goggles' if youre interested ?

Its a Yukon Spartan 1x24 passive (tubed) NV  , it has a small IR for total darkness, but mostly uses ambient light sources like the moon ect and intensifies the image.
It can be used one handed, its about 5 inches by 4 , weighs about a lb.
But it also comes with a flip up , head mounted harness that is fully adjustable.
Range is about 100 yards, but is far more useful closer up.

£180 posted