Fully Semi-Automatic Rifle

Danger-Mouse

Yeah I know, the title doesn't make much sense. Saw the phrase in a comment for the video and thought it was funny. Kinda fits too, because although this gun is semi automatic it shoots like it's full auto. It's Ruger 10-22 Charger with binary trigger. Can't say I'd heard of this gun, or this type of trigger before. Anyway I'll post the video and let 22 Plinkster explain everything.

Let the hate begin!

As much as I don't see any attraction to it I guess it's a thing for having fun on the range but I doubt it will be long before politicians pee their pants over it and clamour to ban it. Would be an easy one for the republicans to ban to show they are "doing something for gun control" 

I'll stick to my remington 597 

Yes in the USA two shot burst is non taxed.  That’s why the exist.  3 shot or full auto requires you to pay a $200 tax on it.  Plus full auto takes about 2-6 months to clear the background check and semi and bianary is mail order able to your door.  This is one of my bianary triggers 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

When I was living in the States years ago the local shop sold a hand turned cam that fitted inside the trigger guard for about $10. It gave pretty close to full auto if you turned the handle quickly enough.. Fun for about an hour then you get bored

21 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

They don’t use 22lr for home defence over there  

Oh yes they do, you would be suprised.. More people get killed with .22s than any other calibre. Lots of small cheap .22 pistols available and they leave them lying about in drawers loaded for kids to find. 

Edited by Vince Green

I shoot it on raining days as it is Vietnam era.

27D73BD9-802F-421D-9B01-C50A7D9CEA27.jpeg

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

When I was living in the States years ago the local shop sold a hand turned cam that fitted inside the trigger guard for about $10. It gave pretty close to full auto if you turned the handle quickly enough.. Fun for about an hour then you get bored

Oh yes they do, you would be suprised.. More people get killed with .22s than any other calibre. Lots of small cheap .22 pistols available and they leave them lying about in drawers loaded for kids to find. 

22lr is highly underrated.  We used to put cows down with one to the head. 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Madness! 

Is that home defence though or just sloppy safety? 

When I was over there our friends / family all had short barrel shotguns within close reach for any HD situation. 

Mossberg 500 with a 18” barrel, ready to rock 😬

7 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Madness! 

Is that home defence though or just sloppy safety? 

When I was over there our friends / family all had short barrel shotguns within close reach for any HD situation. 

Mossberg 500 with a 18” barrel, ready to rock 😬

It all depends really.  I got my first 22 when I was around five years old.  I was hunting by myself by 13.  I was hammered with gun safety from a early age.  The problem is when fathers don’t show or teach the kids about guns.  I have taken the wonder and intrigue out of guns as my father did.  When ever my son wants to clean or handle a gun he asks.  We safety check it together and then he goes about field stripping and cleaning it.  But I would trust my 8 year old around my guns before many adults I know.