To Wax after oil finish or not?

Hotload#1

I had the stock altered on my Perazzi which involved stripping the horrible lacquer finish (and getting rid of the numerous bumps I’d given the poor ******), revealing some nice wood underneath.

After about 5 coats of Trade Secrets Rapid Oil & TS-95, and one coat of TS Alkanet, is showing up some nice grains and colour. Going to give it a few more coats to get a really glassy finish but wondering whether to bother with the TS Burnishing wax - I tried a little bit on a small section of the bottom of the grip and it seemed to dull it if anything.....is there any advantage to using it or just another product for manufacturer to sell?

Cheers in advance. 

Wood Silk spray furniture polish has worked for me for around 10 years. Applied after the aforementioned stock oils have completely dried. I buy the polish from Home Bargains for around £2. It does not make the stock 'slippy' during use and any rain just bounces off without making the oil finish go dull or white.

• 2 weeks later...