Huge Hand Stitched Leather Cartridge Bag

CaptC

The biggest hand made cartridge bag I have seen - Measures 12" across the bottom x 8" deep x 4'5" wide. Would easily hold 150 plus cartridges

Nice supple leather, a few marks (I have cleaned it with saddle soap) leather shoulder strap with shoulder piece. Zipped pocket at the front - zip has come off it's runners. The stitching is perfect, no loose stitches.

Flap type closure which secures the whole bag.

£50 posted thanks

DSC_0001 (21).JPG

DSC_0002 (20).JPG

Edited by CaptC

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

Have you got a picture of it open so I can see the gape at opening please 

Disregarding the comments of a certain nature I will take a photo in the morning so that those who like to look at a good gape can see it in daylight!

Measuring across the top - here are the measurements - 3" "at rest" i.e not opened and 5" pulled open - all taken from the centre for maximum width

32 minutes ago, CaptC said:

Disregarding the comments of a certain nature I will take a photo in the morning so that those who like to look at a good gape can see it in daylight!

Measuring across the top - here are the measurements - 3" "at rest" i.e not opened and 5" pulled open - all taken from the centre for maximum width

Thank you for the information 👍

This wasn't sourced from an unclaimed goods sale, by the CoatRoom at Victoria Station, was it (on the Brighton Line) ?  😉

A good identifier re. the handbag/cartridge bag issue is the gusset re-enforcing strap: 
If there is a re-enforcing strap & it runs the length of the gusset, it's likely a cartridge bag. 
If the strap that goes under the gusset is as close to the same width as the gusset as it is possible to be, it's a bloody good cartridge bag.

If the shoulder strap attaches to a small D-ring or buckle at the top of gusset, it's likely a handbag...!

The stated width of the gusset as 4 foot 5 inches is a bit feet is a bit of a worry though 😁

Edited by saddler

For all you gusset followers here are some more pictures of the cartridge bag. Note that the interior is not sectioned and no, it did not come from the cloakroom at Victoria Station with the sly hint about Brighton! 

The bag was hand made by a leatherworker in West Devon for a local farmer who did not want anything "fancy". So no more silly comments please.

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

24 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Whatever! it's a lovely bit of leather.

Thank you - 

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It looks to be a lovely honest CARTRIDGE BAG.

I have plenty though.

Good luck with the sale Mate.

Thanks Dave - 1st Prize goes to you for cartridge bag recognition!!

cartridge bag recognition 

On 13/08/2020 at 19:13, CaptC said:

The biggest hand made cartridge bag I have seen - Measures 12" across the bottom x 8" deep x 4'5" wide. Would easily hold 150 plus cartridges

Nice supple leather, a few marks (I have cleaned it with saddle soap) leather shoulder strap with shoulder piece. Zipped pocket at the front - zip has come off it's runners. The stitching is perfect, no loose stitches.

£50 posted thanks

DSC_0001 (21).JPG

DSC_0002 (20).JPG

SOLD!! 

On 13/08/2020 at 19:13, CaptC said:

£50 posted thanks

DSC_0001 (21).JPG

DSC_0002 (20).JPG

!!!SOLD!!!

9 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

I bought this bag of off CaptC and what a lovely bag it is. Nothing like a handbag at all.

Got to be one of the best things i have ever bought.

Thank you CaptC.

How very nice - that's put the fashionistas too shame!